1994 Lexus LS400

Participant count
  • Participant list

ctt0002
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
auburn al
ARe there any 1st gen. ls400 owners on this forum?

I just recently purchased this car and i don't know where to start. I plan to replace the speakers and the headunit with an aftermarket one. Factory speaker is 4" and they are enclosed in a box in each door.

What component/coax. speaker should i go with? I don't plan to spend more than $500 for the speakers and headunit and i understand that it'll be more bang for the buck buying on the forum used/new. Also what headunit should i go with? I want to stick to an alpine unit since a lot users on this forum has experience with it.

As for the factory sub that it has, i'm thinking about tossing it out because i'm going to use an actual sub for the setup. I'm going to be using a pair of 10" re se powered by a pa3000d amp.

Oh yea, i want to go active with this setup. I have an mtx 1004 amp that i am going to use so please recommend speakers that this amp will be able to handle.

Do anybody have any idea what the alt's ampage is? It also has an interstate battery but i think its small so i'll need a second battery to go in the trunk.

Any recommendations would be appreicated! Thanks

Find out your speaker size. If they are 6.5 and you want components, there are enough PG RSD component threads here to look at. I usually check which alt was installed in my car by going to Autozone.com and pricing an alt. If you are going to do a system, I would get the biggest battery that can fit in that spot.

I am not too familiar with that car. What size HU could you fit in the spot? Pics would help, but if you know, that's cool too. Most would suggest an HU from Pioneer or Alpine. You said active and I am running the Premier 800PRS active so I can only recommend that one. If you went with the RSDs you would not need the crossovers though. If your speaker locations take 6.5s I would try the Mach 5 6.5 speakers and the seas neo tweeters. Mids could be found on Sound Solutions Audio website, and the tweets on Madisound.

Speaker size is 4" so i will have to cut the whole in the speaker box bigger so that 6.5" would fit. I've been reading a about being active and passive setups and i found out that my definition of active is not correct. All i want to do is connect my hu to an amp and use that amp to power my speakers.

I've read a couple of threads on other forums that this car is really hard to get loud in. I don't want to be loud, i want sq that can get loud at the same time. I guess what i'm trying to say is that i need something that will actually produce enough sq loud enough so that it is heard in the cabin.

I originally want to go with some re se but now i'm back at the beginning. What other sql drivers can you guys recommend? This is a sedan, i want to stick with 2 10" in a sealed box that way i can easily remove it if i needed to.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.