1994 Honda Accord remote/power antenna wire?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Chris Z
10+ year member

Always wanting more bass!
AL
I've got a 1994 Honda Accord, which I don't think really matters but it is equipped with a power antenna. I'm working on getting an amp installed, I've wired up about half of it, just didn't have time to hook up the power wire and the subs yet, as I don't have a box yet anyway. I have a JVC KD-S52 and it only has one blue/white stripe wire for the remote lead/power antenna. How can I wire them both so I don't lose any functionality for the power antenna, but be able to have the amp run normally? I was thinking possibly just split the wire coming from the harness and screw a wire nut onto the half for the power antenna and the other half with the remote lead for the amp. Would this work? I am not very experienced with this kinda stuff YET. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif So don't be jumpin on my nuts!

Other (possibly) pertinent information: my amp is an alpine mrp-m500.

dont hook it up to the power antenna wire... that means the amp would only turn on if your listening to the radio, not CD or AUX which isnt what you want. on my accord, i hooked the remote wire off of a red wire on the harness (mine says ignition or something like that on it) but you have a different head unit so the wire colors are probably different. if you can get a DMM its an easy job. just figure out what wire on the harness gives 12v when the key is turned and no voltage when the car is off.

Actually, as long as the head unit is on, the antenna stays up, it doesn't go down if you switch it to aux or cd, so I think it would be all right to hook it up to that one, I'm just not sure how I would be able to wire them both without losing any functionality.

Come on people, I know ya'll are smarter than this! This can't be THAT hard of a question.

ttt. Bump!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.