1987 VL Commodore wagon...

You said each amp draws 400 amps, last I checked 400 amps running through a 300 amp fuse is a no no.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nono.gif.eca61d170185779e0921b0faa9704973.gif
I am not drawing 400 amps or 800amps through a 300amp fuse though!

do you not understand basic circuits?

I am drawing potentially 800amps, through 800amps worth of fuses, I am drawing possibly 200amps through a 300amp fuse.

do you understand?

how is it that you think I'm drawing the full current through a single 300amp fuse? lol

the 300amp fuse is on the charge wire, very little current for the sub stage amplifier will be drawn through this fuse!

I am not second guessing myself, I'm trying to understand your stupidity, but I'm afraid it's beyond me!

I am not drawing 400 amps or 800amps through a 300amp fuse though!
do you not understand basic circuits?

I am drawing potentially 800amps, through 800amps worth of fuses, I am drawing possibly 200amps through a 300amp fuse.

do you understand?

how is it that you think I'm drawing the full current through a single 300amp fuse? lol

the 300amp fuse is on the charge wire, very little current for the sub stage amplifier will be drawn through this fuse!

I am not second guessing myself, I'm trying to understand your stupidity, but I'm afraid it's beyond me!
Listen, I'm not trying to be a dick just trying to help, but when you respond like you know everything it's kinda hard not to be.

The only reason I even said anything about the wire is because every time someone runs more than 4000+ watts on here they use more than one run of 1/0. It is just the way I do things better overkill than not enough. Right now I have one run of 1/0 charging a 210 Ah battery.......for 600 watts.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

All you have done is sit there and try and explain your wiring scheme and I get it the only thing I misunderstood was that your 300 amp fuse was before the battery bank.

You still didn't answer my question, why won't you admit running 2 runs of 1/0 is better than one?

Drew

All you have done is sit there and try and explain your wiring scheme and I get it the only thing I misunderstood was that your 300 amp fuse was before the battery bank.

You still didn't answer my question, why won't you admit running 2 runs of 1/0 is better than one?

Drew
I drew a diagram, that was reasonably clear!!! are you blind as well as dumb!!!

all along, I've been saying the 300amp fuse is only on the "charge" wire from the front battery and alternator, are you dumb as well as stupid!

running two runs of 0ga for positive, and using the chassis for ground isn't better! its more likely to result in ground loops, and means twice as many interconnections on the ground cable, each connection will add some resistance, not much, but some!

on the ground cable, I currently have a crimp terminal at the front battery, to a 0ga cable, running to the rear, then another crimp terminal, to the rear battery bank...

you want, battery, crimp terminal, cable, crimp terminal, bolt into chassis, chassis, bolt into chassis, crimp terminal, cable, crimp terminal, rear battery battery bank...

I choose the first option thanks, but thanks for the "help" //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

I drew a diagram, that was reasonably clear!!! are you blind as well as dumb!!!
all along, I've been saying the 300amp fuse is only on the "charge" wire from the front battery and alternator, are you dumb as well as stupid!

running two runs of 0ga for positive, and using the chassis for ground isn't better! its more likely to result in ground loops, and means twice as many interconnections on the ground cable, each connection will add some resistance, not much, but some!

on the ground cable, I currently have a crimp terminal at the front battery, to a 0ga cable, running to the rear, then another crimp terminal, to the rear battery bank...

you want, battery, crimp terminal, cable, crimp terminal, bolt into chassis, chassis, bolt into chassis, crimp terminal, cable, crimp terminal, rear battery battery bank...

I choose the first option thanks, but thanks for the "help" //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif
Wow you have some pretty big muscles on the internet huh?

Anything I say online I would say to your face. You on the other hand like to talk **** online where your ass is safe. If you seen me in person you would probably piss your self and wonder why that man is so upset and walk away.

Why don't you go sit down relax and wonder why you get upset when someone questions you.

Drew

Say your right, one run of 1/0 is better than two.

Then why is everyone and their mother running 4/0, 2/0 and multiple runs then, answer that tough guy.

Everyone here is a bunch of morons then I guess.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Drew

I'm not reading all of this crap.

Let me ask a simple question.

What size is his alternator/how many amperes is it producing?

For arguments sake, we'll say he charges his front battery at 250 amps.

He has a single run of wire from his front battery to a rear battery bank, it's fine. How much current can 20ft of 1/0 carry? 250 amps shouldnt be a problem for it, although it might be getting close. As long as he has a sufficient rear battery bank, he should be fine.

Look at Kenny Coleman's vehicle. He ran four D9's and beat the **** out of them constantly. Now, he has a 150amp alternator and a single run of 1/0 from front to rear.

Guess his **** shoulda blown up???

Say your right, one run of 1/0 is better than two.
Then why is everyone and their mother running 4/0, 2/0 and multiple runs then, answer that tough guy.

Everyone here is a bunch of morons then I guess.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Drew
most people with multiple runs would be running positive AND negative runs!

and if people are running multiple runs without a rear battery bank, its because they're going for SPL, where every little bit of voltage drop matters!

most people with multiple runs would be running positive AND negative runs!
and if people are running multiple runs without a rear battery bank, its because they're going for SPL, where every little bit of voltage drop matters!
Then that would be why I have only seen multiple runs then, I am just now getting into high powered daily systems.

So those spl vehicles get less voltage drop from multiple runs and no battery bank?

Drew

I'm not reading all of this crap.
Let me ask a simple question.

What size is his alternator/how many amperes is it producing?

For arguments sake, we'll say he charges his front battery at 250 amps.

He has a single run of wire from his front battery to a rear battery bank, it's fine. How much current can 20ft of 1/0 carry? 250 amps shouldnt be a problem for it, although it might be getting close. As long as he has a sufficient rear battery bank, he should be fine.

Look at Kenny Coleman's vehicle. He ran four D9's and beat the **** out of them constantly. Now, he has a 150amp alternator and a single run of 1/0 from front to rear.

Guess his **** shoulda blown up???
Correct.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

So then why do I have 4/0 wire for 6000 watts then?

TheyDontWant, I am sorry, as all I have ever seen is multiple runs. I have never seen someone do what you have before but to each their own I guess.

I will still run multiple runs for multiple amplifiers but I will end it with I was wrong and look forward to seeing this thing up and running. Good luck with the build

Drew

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.