1987 Mustang 5.0 Help

I rescently started putting a system in my mustang 5.0 1987 heres what i have.

Yes these are RMS FIGURES

Audiobahn A3451 head unit- 50x4 watts RMS

AUdiobahn A2300hct- 2400x1 or 1200x2 watts RMS

2 Audiobahn Aw1208t Subs (1500watts each RMS)

Audiobahn acap 20- 5 farad capacitor

Alpine SPR-175A (in Door) 6.5" componet speakers, and tweeters (50 watts rms)

Here is my questions?

First what size fuse/circuit breaker do i need between the capacitor and the battery? The amp has 4. (40) amp fuses built in (amp draws between 140-160 amps continuos) I dont know what size fuses to put in do i also need a fuse between amp and cap? (running zero gauge wire between battery and cap)

Please help

Also the 1987 5.0 has 6x8/5x7's speakers in the rear, and 3.5" speakers in the dash and i have no idea what kind of speakers to put in. I will not keep the stock stuff, and plan on rewiring to. I want excellent sounding speakers but if u read the discription i already have lots of bass although midbass is important to me. Chances are i will end up running 5x7/6x7 and 3.5" off the same rear channel off the deck, so it will probly have around 50 watts each. My friends suggest (eclipse, mb quart, focal, polk, but i am also interested in alpine and audiobahns) How do these speakers compare, my friend talked me out of buying audiobahn with out a reall good reason? What do you guys suggest i want good sounding 5x7/6x8 and 3.5"s. Any suggestion? I am willing to spend some money within reason but no outrageous prices, at this point i was leaning towards alpine s 3.5's and alpine r 5x7's but i really need a second oppinion because all my friends have biased opinions and all the stereo places want to sell me the most exspensive **** of course. PLease help

I would like to hear what you guys think?

I will appreciate any help you guys can give me thanks.

-(Jagged)

I personally don't like audiobahn, but I have no real reason. I just prefer other brands. For components/midranges, I really like CDT. For subwoofers, I really like RE and ED. For amps I really like Profile and Hifonics.

Interesting install you have going on there. Just curious, how did you determine that your amp draws 140-160amps continuous? I don't think you are ******* that much current, although I could be wrong.

But if your amp is rated at 160amps worth of fuses, I would suggest running the inline fuse somewhere near there.

T.J.

If I remember correctly, all 87-93 mustangs also had 5 1/4's in the doors. When I had my 87, I built an mdf baffle to go over the stock opening and mounted Clarion 5 1/4's (even though this was 5 years ago, they are in my beretta now, and still sound great!!) http://www.geocities.com/jcash1995 for pics.

(now this brings back memories.)

Off topic. This car was broken into about 10 times.

stereo stolen 4 times.

Still have the Clarions //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

If I remember correctly, all 87-93 mustangs also had 5 1/4's in the doors. When I had my 87, I built an mdf baffle to go over the stock opening and mounted Clarion 5 1/4's (even though this was 5 years ago, they are in my beretta now, and still sound great!!) http://www.geocities.com/jcash1995 for pics.

stereo stolen 4 times.

Still have the Clarions //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

nope, 87-93 mustangs didnt have speakers in the door b/c if you roll down the windows all the way the window will cover the speaker hole, so if there was a speaker there your window would hit your speakers. i didnt know this until after i looked to see why i had no sound coming from my "door speakers". to my suprise there were no speakers.

stereo stolen 4 times.

Im sorry about the jacking man, that hurts. Good to hear you are dedicated to putting stuff in everytime, lock that shi up at put a alarm on it bro. Good luck in the future.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.