1987 Jeep Wrangler- Novice looking for help!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Hoversten

Ia
Current 1987 Jeep Wrangler Setup

Head unit- Kenwood Excelon KDC-X597 -(Kenwood Excelon KDC-X597 CD receiver at Crutchfield.com)

Front speakers- Rockford Fosgate Punch P1462 4 x 6-Inches Full Range Coaxial Speakers (Rockford Fosgate Punch P1462 4"x6" 2-way car speakers at Crutchfield.com)

Sound bar- Rockford Fosgate Prime R1525X2- (Rockford Fosgate Prime R1525X2 5-1/4" 2-way car speakers at Crutchfield.com)

Read Sound pod- Sony Xplod XS-R6941

Subs- Sony Xplod XS-L122P5 (Amazon.com : Sony XS-L122P5 12" Subwoofer : Component Vehicle Subwoofers : MP3 Players & Accessories)

Amp-pyramid pb2600 ( Pyramid - PB2600 - 2600 Watt 2 Channel Bridgeable MOSFET Amplifier)

I am currently a novice car audio enthusiast and this is my setup. For a jeep wrangler I'd say it sounds pretty awesome but I'd like to upgrade it further. I am on a budget and I'm not looking to be in competitions or anything but I'd like it to be a little better. At the moment I'd say my amp and 6x9s are what are lacking and I'll link below what upgrades I've been looking at. I tend to like Rockford fosgate, the quality for the price seems great. Below is what I have been looking at to buy to enhance my system. Let me know what you think any constructive criticism would be great.

Rockford Fosgate R300X4 Prime 4-Channel Amplifier-

Amazon.com : Rockford Fosgate R250X4 Prime 4-Channel Amplifier : Vehicle Multi Channel Amplifiers : Car Electronics

Rockford Fosgate R169X3 Prime 6 x 9 Inch 3-Way Full-Range Coaxial Speaker - Set of 2-

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BF6HVG4/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl_encoding=UTF8&colid=1B0QJTXYD8YBP&coliid=I3030GITU8AKL0&psc=1

Now these seems a little on the cheap side and I will be running my new 4 channel amp to them, one thing iam confused on is what range of 6x9s do I want or need??

Rockford Fosgate Prime 1,200-Watt Class-D 1-Channel Amplifier-

Amazon.com : Rockford Fosgate Prime 1, 200-Watt Class-D 1-Channel Amplifier : Car Electronics

Lastly Rockford Fosgate P3D4-12 Punch P3 DVC 4-Ohm 12-Inch 600-Watt RMS 1200-Watt Peak Subwoofer

Amazon.com : Rockford Fosgate P3D4-12 Punch P3 DVC 4-Ohm 12-Inch 600-Watt RMS 1200-Watt Peak Subwoofer : Vehicle Subwoofers : Car Electronics

Those are the new components I have been considering buying in that order. I think a new 4channel amp to power my 4x6, 5.25s, and 6x9s would be most beneficial. Then for the price replacing my 6x9s because the Sonys ****. Then a new amp to power my subs would be very beneficial because I think the pyramid blows but it is the most costly. Lastly I would get me subs because I feel those Sonys actually aren't too bad. Am I in the right Ballpark in thinking this way or am I way off?? Sorry I know that is a lot to look through but I appreciate any help.

Did you say that Rckford's quality for the price is great?

Sony and pyramid are two brands that I would not buy for my own vehicle. Period.

If you must go with mainstream brands, I would recomend Alpine. If not, there are plenty of underground brands to choose from.

Ya I bought those pyramid and Sonys in high school....was young and stupid lol. I do think though the subs aren't too bad but the amp and 6x9s blows.

honestly, the JL audio xd700/5 amplifier is more power than most need, and is a kick *** amp for the money. i have one in my boat and one in my wifes car, plenty of power, small, very efficient, and sounds good.

---------- Post added at 11:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 PM ----------

since wranglers don't have much spare room.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.