1966 El Camino

crnacnac
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
A forever neighbor (since 1976) just came up on a 1966 El Camino for a project vehicle. He is now retired. The stereo wasn't working and I couldn't have that. I offered to take care of the install for free if he were to buy the gear. 
We went with a Retrosound head unit with bluetooth and aux inputs, Alpine Type S, and Kicker 3 1/2" speakers.

IMG_6258 by Jon Polo, on Flickr

IMG_5803 by Jon Polo, on Flickr

IMG_6089 (1) by Jon Polo, on Flickr

IMG_5804 by Jon Polo, on Flickr

IMG_5805 by Jon Polo, on Flickr

IMG_6264 by Jon Polo, on Flickr

IMG_6263 by Jon Polo, on Flickr

IMG_6250 by Jon Polo, on Flickr

IMG_6251 by Jon Polo, on Flickr

IMG_6261 by Jon Polo, on Flickr

Since I can't leave well enough alone, I contacted the son and daughter of the owner and asked if they had got anything for their dad for Christmas yet and said if they buy a sub and amp I'll take care of the rest.
I was able to bust out a quick pattern before returning the vehicle. The plan is to have the fab work done and give it to him unupholstered with the amp and sub mounted on Christmas day.

IMG_6277 by Jon Polo, on Flickr

IMG_6278 (1) by Jon Polo, on Flickr

IMG_6282 by Jon Polo, on Flickr

IMG_6283 by Jon Polo, on Flickr

IMG_6284 by Jon Polo, on Flickr

IMG_6286 by Jon Polo, on Flickr

IMG_6301 by Jon Polo, on Flickr

IMG_6302 by Jon Polo, on Flickr

Not that familiar with the '66's but Ive got a '69 Elky. Doesnt look like the '66 has the little compartment behind the driver's seat, comes in real handy when adding an audio system. Good looking work.

Not that familiar with the '66's but Ive got a '69 Elky. Doesnt look like the '66 has the little compartment behind the driver's seat, comes in real handy when adding an audio system. Good looking work.
Thanks.

This does have what looks like a good size access panel in the bed all the way at the front

Great looking build. That front face looks really nice too. I've always been interested in building a box like that. I just don't have a table router and it would take me forever to cut, lol. 

.Interesting for sure. I hope that amp doesnt get too hot without any ventilation or air circulation.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm jelous! Nice skills. I paid a shop to build a rack and sub box for my 70 el camino.  Came out nice, but yours is amazing. Nice work. 

IMG_3166.JPG

IMG_3167.JPG

IMG_3168.JPG

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

crnacnac

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
crnacnac
Pasadena,CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date