159.9 Bass Racer W/buget gear

16,000 watts of subs and your running a pair of coaxials up front off the head unit? That's retarded. I know it "bass race". That whole class makes no sense to me.
1st it's 2 pairs and there rather loud.

2nd there are 2 American Bass Sq 900.2 driving the doors.

3rd once I stop shreading door speakers maybe I'll add more. There is no such thing as a warranty from things like that.

Ew! Thin aluminum bus bars. D:
Other than that, not bad. A little bit dirty, but oh well.

Very nice.
The buss bars are 1/4 inch. Every battery has a power wire drawing off it so buss bars are more for a battery chargers sake. Also if you notice the large pile of wire...well yup thats 16 runs of power and 16 runs of ground. Every battery has its own run off the alts so still no need for buss bars.

Just makes charging easy and it holds the batts in place.

where is the budget part?
Look at any other 159.9 Bass Racer......

20K+ RMS

2x's the cone are OR MORE

Steel used in the building

Name brand batts

Last year people claimed this was a rich mans class, most said $10,000 to play.

I'm a LONG ways from that.

Compare my subs to a Alpine Type R or a Kicker L5 with better durabilty. Even made sure to get the D4's so they would be easy to sell when I upgrade.

I bought my amps on close out,and got the last of them. There built like tanks but are out dated designs.....so I got a good deal.

Got the batterys for next to nothing. AT some point every once's in the right place at the right time....I bet 90% of the people reading this have spent more on there subs then I did for batts. They work well but are far from new and rather small as far as the AH rating compared to brands like Kinetic and Powermaster.

Got a call 1 day, a budy needed a amp and all he had was some alt's that he had sitting in his garage. Who would have though that a 2K watt amp was worth a pair of Ohio Gens......well worked out good for both of us.

You buy enough from any compay and in bulk and they will give you good deals on wire:D

There was no steel used in the building of the enclosure. 100% wood .....and screws //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

What does the average person spend on a 160+ db or better burp car ? Now at what freq ? I did very well in comparson. Last year I competed in Super Street No Wall.........I would have to get reciets but I'm prety sure the cost is about the same. There is no comparson in sound.

For the record I clamp less then 9K RMS on a burp due to voltage and impeadince. For the power it's 1 hell of a build.

I will say that is very loud for 9000 watts....We are about to do a 4th order for my buddy in his s-10 with 8 dd 2512's and on DD m4....its kinda budget build. More of a demo/daily driver but we compete USACI down here.This build has helped tremendously. Can I know the cubic foot of the sealed and ported sections???Also is it 2 12's per section on the sealed part??

I saw this thing at the Taylor show. It was ugly, but it was really loud!

I really liked the window mount air conditioner and the duck taped rearview mirror. lol.

I love it though!!

Pete what happened to the "original" equipment you were planning on using?Wasn't it like 12 15" fusion subs and 1 fusion amp or something along those lines?
They were Fusion 10's with Fusion amps but it was a team mates build I was posting. The Fusion amps sold out before he was able to buy them all so it's just fusion subs with massive amps. 1993 Jeep Grand cherkke with 16 10's....149.9 bass racer at 42hz. Burps 155 at 43hz:cool:

Clamps just over 5K on a burp

They were Fusion 10's with Fusion amps but it was a team mates build I was posting. The Fusion amps sold out before he was able to buy them all so it's just fusion subs with massive amps. 1993 Jeep Grand cherkke with 16 10's....149.9 bass racer at 42hz. Burps 155 at 43hz:cool:
Clamps just over 5K on a burp
was that at the maxxsonics show?

I will say that is very loud for 9000 watts....We are about to do a 4th order for my buddy in his s-10 with 8 dd 2512's and on DD m4....its kinda budget build. More of a demo/daily driver but we compete USACI down here.This build has helped tremendously. Can I know the cubic foot of the sealed and ported sections???Also is it 2 12's per section on the sealed part??
Each sub is in it's own sealed chamber....seems right so if I loose a sub it wont kill the rest of the build. It works I can drop any 1 sub and loose less then 2db but it will keep playing with out any problems.

Sealed is 2 cubes per. aprox

Ported is aprox 46-48 cubes

My loudest has been around 480sq inchs of port....much less then I built this for.

was that at the maxxsonics show?
Yes, Yellow jeep with music notes on the side of it.

Sunday he went up a class and i droped down. He was having amp problems and had no way to run though full brackets.

I saw this thing at the Taylor show. It was ugly, but it was really loud!
I really liked the window mount air conditioner and the duck taped rearview mirror. lol.

I love it though!!
Now people are seeing the buget hahaha. It's not a prety van but in this case looks dont matter. I just pray it holds up a little longer.

BTW Drove 460 miles round trip for the Taylor 2x /1x show

Drove 500 miles round trip for the maxxsonics 1x/2x

This is no trailer queen and I do drive this to work on a regular bases provided I have time.

200K+ miles and still going

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.