153.2.... 3 x in a row??

i3abyjay25
10+ year member

Get F'n Loud
Help me get louder, my last 3 runs consisted of the same scores...why???

ok, my last 2 shows ive done 153.2 legal....ive used 3 differnt cds....2 in which did use the same freq, then a vcd of Mannies Fesh - Real Big..

1st run consist of: amp gain ... bout 40 % - volume 38 of 40 , sub bass 5 of 7, song freq 77-85 Hz....score = 153.2

2nd run: amp gain about 60%, vol 40 of 40 , sub bass 7 of 7, song = mannie fresh - Real Big, score= 153.2

i know thiers many tricks to get louder, i just find it strange to do the exact same score 3 differnt times on 3 diff cds w/ 3 settings.....

what gives???

hey bro i did a 148 around the trunk no matter what, then we held the trunk and i got the .1 but i have a actual **** vent in my trunk right were the ports were firing...it ***** cause that **** thing is right there, so much air goes out of it its rediculous im hoping that that things will be different when i do the deadning on the whole trunk //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

but your peaking at that isnt that right people? i think....

I don't compete but I have a vent with flaps on each side of my trunk //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif I guess I could just tape over em when I get metered... It looks funny tho when you open the trunk and look in, the vents open as the sub hits //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

i'd say you maxed out your systems capabilities long before you stopped turning your system up, therefore making the extra turns on the gain and volume null and void.

???

Start testing outlaw, at the passanger kick and driver door open then see what you hit. i bet ya be louder.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Bj after i thought about it lastnite. u might have hit ur cabin gain level. I think it is time to start deading things. Like real deadinh not that roofing ****. But it is a thought. But it sound like ur system has hit its limit so now it time to do some changes in the cabin. Once again it is just a tought.

New box......tune in the 45hz area.....possibly make tuning adjustable.....glass inside of box........put duck tape on both ends of port.....elevate box 2" or so off of floor.....double all walls of box.....

Turn everything but the sub amp and hu off.......turn crossovers off......

Use test tones.....use zero bass boost.....find point of clipping and play just below that....before the run, prepare by pausing tone at low volume.....remember your loudest volume on the HU and turn it up to that point......unpause to make run....

no, im not a out for just SPL... i just want a nice loud daily setup.. which it is now... i just beat the record for my class in http://www.ClashofTitans.org organization...which is a small organiaztion, but has alot of shows around here... but i only beat it by 1/10 of a db...and as soon as i hit unpause, BAM - 153.2.... i just wander why i cant get over 153.2.... not even 10th of db louder....and i know its very hard to gain a db once above a certain stage...but i dont run my setup but about 60% and if a crank it up to bout 80% shouldnt i have gained atleast a 10th of a db??

Start testing outlaw, at the passanger kick and driver door open then see what you hit. i bet ya be louder.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
and to me, if its not Legal.... then it doesnt count.....

i did run testtones.... ran freq of 77Hz - 85 Hz.. which sounds to be the loudest in my explorer...
Well, you need to start WAY lower and figure out where your peak frequency is in that box. My guess (in all honesty) is the it will be somewhere in the 35-65 range. If it's on the TL, run a sweep...and ask the judges to look at which freq's you had a peak at on the computer.

NG

PS: to the legal part...why totally "legal"? Do you listen to your system with all your windows and doors closed 24/7...and with your head smashed in the passenger side lower windesheild all the time??!?! lmao... I mean, you drive around with your windows down listening to music sometimes, that's why I like Reality SPL in MECA. Mic and the head restm and you can open your windows. (simulating daily driving //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif )

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

i3abyjay25

10+ year member
Get F'n Loud
i3abyjay25
Dallas, Georgia
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date