150w or 200w for single RE re 12"?

Participant count
  • Participant list

SenateS684
10+ year member

SD
hey there, I got a couple questions for you guys...

at the moment I just want something small for my car (2000 sunfire). I am considering a single re re 12" in a sealed (or ported? have not decided yet...) enclosure just to add a little bump. I know the re re's are dual 4 ohm subwoofers, but I have no idea what do use for a amp. I don't know if I should give the sub 150w or 200w. Anyone have any suggestions?

I believe...well..this is how it would look, correct?

1_4ohmDVC_2ohm.gif

Sorry if this question is stupid and has been anwsered, I spent some time trying to search and turned up basically empty...

Thanks for the replys guys, I appericate it.

forgive my ignorance, but I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. What does go with 400 watts mean? The woofer can only handle 175, 250 max...are you telling me one 12"re is not enough for what i'm wanting?

Sorry if I am a complete idiot. Does anyone have any suggestions for a amp that would work great with that woofer? Possibly JBL or pioneer...?

Well, do you have anything else you want powered by the amp? A set of speakers in the front perhaps? And, you're correct - I'd only send a single RE RE series between 175 and 200 watts RMS.

If you plan on upgrading later on, I'd go for a 4 channel amp or something similar so you can bridge two channels for the sub, leaving two for the front speakers.

Since you asked for JBL:

If you just want the sub powered - http://www.cardomain.com/item/JBLBP1501Z or something similar.

Yea i ordered on of these also and i was wondering a cheap efficient amp for one of these two. Give me some ideas. Thank you

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.