1500 rms costant to much?

Bring97
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Phoenix, AZ
alight i got a question for all ya, i have 2 HC 15s that are rated at 1200rms and i was thinking bout getting 2 visoniks 900xd to push them. if i wire them separatly at 1 ohm, so each sub gets 1500rms, will that be to much?

thanks

Ya that should be fine, I wouldn't think twice about doing that as long as you set it up right.

I am giving 1 HC 15 1200 RMS right now and it is more than fine, I gave my Type R's 600 RMS each they loved it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Just set the gains right and you will be ok. But just so you know, save a bit of cash for a hearing aid. You might need one after putting 2 HC 15's in your car :p

Never used those amps but I'm sure it'll be ok. Like everyone else said just be careful with the gains. RE's subs are usually underrated on the power handling side of things. Definitly a good product.

alight i got a question for all ya, i have 2 HC 15s that are rated at 1200rms and i was thinking bout getting 2 visoniks 900xd to push them. if i wire them separatly at 1 ohm, so each sub gets 1500rms, will that be to much?
thanks
The way I understand it, that will be BETTER. I always took it that if your amplifier is a little over your subs RMS handling then your peaks on the songs you play will be cleaner. If you max out your amp then your peaks may get distorted. Something like that.

"Headroom" is a good thing.

The way I understand it, that will be BETTER. I always took it that if your amplifier is a little over your subs RMS handling then your peaks on the songs you play will be cleaner. If you max out your amp then your peaks may get distorted. Something like that.
"Headroom" is a good thing.
I still don't understand how you think that you should be able to sit in the car with that much power going through your subs... If you are maxing out even a smallish sub amp while sitting in the car, then you either have serious problems with your system or serious problems with your hearing.

I still don't understand how you think that you should be able to sit in the car with that much power going through your subs... If you are maxing out even a smallish sub amp while sitting in the car, then you either have serious problems with your system or serious problems with your hearing.
Ha! I hear ya.

I have a Hifonics 1500D pushing a Crystal CMPx2 15 in a vented box, and I will not listen to it anywhere close to full blast without earplugz in. AND thats just if I'm showing off. If I'm doing regular listening I have to turn my HU's SLA(Subwoofer Level Adjustment) to negative 5 Atleast.

I forgot if you said sealed or ported, or if you mentioned at all. But if they will be ported/vented with that much power, you will be deaf shortly.

LOL

yeah im gunna get a HO alt that puts out 200 and im also gunna keep my stock one in there to if i can. so about a total of 305 amps, man this should slam compared to my semi crappy alpine e10s

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.