15"Z v3

Participant count
  • Participant list

SMS
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
MA
whats up, looking for a 15 that can handle 1500+rms and will work well in 3.5 cubes tuned around 43hz, not sure what type of port il be going with. box will be in the trunk sub back port to the side.

this will be a burp box.

i see on you website that the box specs on 15"Z is only 3 cubes, which seems really small?

my question is could a z perform its best in 3.5 cubes net for a pure spl box. i will be powering it off a dd m1c at .5 ohm with good elecrical- im running it a .7 now and the lowest ive seen is 13.6v

do you think a sa15 would be a better choice just for burps? could also do 2- sa10s

also how would you compare the z to a dc lvl4?

thanks for any help and sorry for so many questions.

Plenty of people in MN/surrounding have used Z's/Nightshades for competing and put up awesome numbers, my Zv215" is in a 4.3cft box tuned to 33hz and on the power I've given it I've gotten 144@40hz on the dash.

By the way about electrical (which is important to your amp not the sub) I've gone down to 10.5volts.

My advice would be sub forward port to the side.

20120722_170314.jpg

20120722_173720.jpg

ive done alot of testing with many different boxes and all variations of sub placement, sub back, about 4" from the the back of the trunk has yeilded the best #s . the only other route would be to seal off the trunk- sub forward, but im not going to do that.

so if the z likes low tuning you think it would burp better tuned around 36hz on a 47hz tone?

im aware of voltage, wih 10.5v your amp is putting out alot less power than if it was at 13v. seeing how i have a rather small amp i need to keep the voltage as high as possible.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wave.gif.002382ce7d7c19757ab945cc69819de1.gif

Hope you already own that Z or I'll be pretty hurt you didn't hit me up for a 15

Anyway, if you get this built I'll let you test one of mine as a drop-in for comparison. Bet you gain a full dB over the Z

Also, if you use subsonic filter, there's no reason you shouldn't be able to do 3 cube, 20" port per cube, tuned @ 42-44 with that 12 and gain big on the meter. If you have a little more volume double-walling the box all around would help as well.

I would definitly do a sig but you said they need like 5 cubes for a 15. Probably going to keep the 12" sig for daily. you got different motors? would rather deal with you if you can make something that will work in 3.5 cube net.

after we did some testing in sanford i cut out 7" of port length which should of got me to 42hz, but i only have 16.5 sq" port area. Went to n bedford after and got 140.3, still chasing that 2512 by a tenth even tho it sounds louder and the coins in my cup holder move so much more. as forthe subsonic im clueless. maybe ill make anew box and i can go down near you and do some more testing.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

SMS

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
SMS
MA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date