15" Sub Recommendations...

Ok guys, I am gonna take your advice and get 2 S212s since I already have a box for them, and if they are as good as you say I might buy another one later and have a custom box later. At $100 a pop it makes the most since right now. Should I get 2 or 4 ohm?
two 4 ohm subs wired down to 1 ohm.

Ok just checking, I figured that would be the case but wanted to ask since my co-worker has been trying to sell these. Also what are the differences between single and dual voice coils?

Ok just checking, I figured that would be the case but wanted to ask since my co-worker has been trying to sell these. Also what are the differences between single and dual voice coils?
More wiring options. Get the d4's

Just installed them and while they don't hit as hard as my Premiers did, they sound good for the money. Still wondering if the S3s would have been a better choice for my amp, but later I might order another one and have a triple box made (I am using a pre-fab box from Amazon). Thanks for the advice guys, glad to finally have some bump back in my trunk. Could I run a quad sub set-up? I think I have room for it...

[quote name='SlaughterX']Just installed them and while they don't hit as hard as my Premiers did, they sound good for the money. Still wondering if the S3s would have been a better choice for my amp, but later I might order another one and have a triple box made (I am using a pre-fab box from Amazon). Thanks for the advice guys, glad to finally have some bump back in my trunk. Could I run a quad sub set-up? I think I have room for it...[/QUOTE]

Pre fab = someone trying to give you a hand job while your wearing jeans wont work.... Custom ported = 24/7 rough hot naked sex

You are suffocating those subs with a prefab. You can shove 4 subs in a sealed box in your trunk and they wont even be remotely close to being loud as two subs in a proper ported box. if you need help with a custom made ported box contact @Boomsday ; compared to car audio shops that charge 500-600$ for a box, he only charges around a fifth of that amount shipped to your door.

make sure your gains on the amp and head unit are set right too.

Your running subs that works best in larger ported enclosures in a small sealed box. Put them in a box designed for them and you'll be worlds ahead of your last setup. You could spend as much money as you want on new drivers, if you keep throwing them into small sealed boxes you'll never see any real gains.

Just installed them and while they don't hit as hard as my Premiers did, they sound good for the money. Still wondering if the S3s would have been a better choice for my amp, but later I might order another one and have a triple box made (I am using a pre-fab box from Amazon). Thanks for the advice guys, glad to finally have some bump back in my trunk. Could I run a quad sub set-up? I think I have room for it...
Where are you located? I have a ported for 2 12's sitting in my garage collecting dust right now. It's @37hz, but can be modded down to 32. It's a little small at 4 cubes gross, but i guarantee it will sound much better than that prefab.

The box I have is ported, but yeah, it's mass produced. There is a place around here that will make me a box for around $120, I plan on doing that eventually but first I need to get my ******* rag top fixed as I just discovered it is leaking water into my trunk and rear window... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

The box I have is ported, but yeah, it's mass produced. There is a place around here that will make me a box for around $120, I plan on doing that eventually but first I need to get my ******* rag top fixed as I just discovered it is leaking water into my trunk and rear window... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
Gotta get that fixed quick. You're running the gmd9601 right? Be very careful about hitting low low notes cause that amp doesn't have subsonic filter on it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.