SA-12 vs. L7 12

What would you buy?

• Kicker 12" L7

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Sundown SA-12

Votes: 30 93.8%

• Total voters
hard to say more cone area vrs better parts. hmmm. cant really test because they like different sized enclosures. the sa12 you can recone L7 trash can...

The L7 is a decent sub. Handles more than rated power well and gets plenty loud. The sa-12 will do those same things and sound much better doing it.

L7's get loud. They can sound *alright* in the right box, most people just don't know how to build boxes worth a **** and these subs are picky

Never played with the Sa-12's.

For a budget 12, it's hard to beat the L7 in output. However it's not hard to beat in in everything else

I can honestly say that i have 2 customers right now that had a single L7 sub setup and they now run sa-12 and they will never turn back also the L7 smoked on 1000rms the sa-12 is just having fun taking it..but to do the over powering thing you have to properly adjust the size of the box and properly tune the amps settings or bad things happen so in my opinion sa all day.

I can honestly say that i have 2 customers right now that had a single L7 sub setup and they now run sa-12 and they will never turn back also the L7 smoked on 1000rms the sa-12 is just having fun taking it..but to do the over powering thing you have to properly adjust the size of the box and properly tune the amps settings or bad things happen so in my opinion sa all day.
Smoking an L7 with 1000w means it was clipped. I don't doubt any Sundown product being built well, so that doesn't suprise me at all that it doesn't have a problem. But to say the L7 can't take 1000 watts is a lie, I've thrown more power than that at it in a harsh box with no problems

But yes, Sundown all the way on this one

Smoking an L7 with 1000w means it was clipped. I don't doubt any Sundown product being built well, so that doesn't suprise me at all that it doesn't have a problem. But to say the L7 can't take 1000 watts is a lie, I've thrown more power than that at it in a harsh box with no problems
But yes, Sundown all the way on this one
it was a saz-1000 and for electrical 140 amp alt and a deka 9a31 in the back i am sure the amp is doing a clean 1000 watts all we did was swap subs and enclosure and adjust the amp..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

weffy

10+ year member
weffy
Cleveland
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views