15" massive dmx

havoc97
10+ year member

ok im redoing my stereo in my mountaineer. i was wondering who has any experience with these subs? im wondering how they perform sql wise, but i guess i also want them to get fairly loud. im going to be running two(if i decide to go with the dmx's) 15's. also i cant find any specs on the mounting depth ect...

can anyone help me out

I know Snoopdan had a video on R.O.E. of his Massive cw in a ported box not sure tuned to what , but the excursion on that sub was crazy.

I heard one once, and it got very loud for being one 15. SQ was good, but they are more focusing on SPL with the DMX line. I know they sell them on eBay which some sellers may have the info on them, otherwise try the massive website?

Andrew

there like 3000rms to 6000peak

there a spl driver...

and u gotta have alot of upgrades to be running 6k in ur car //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I have done 2 installs with these subs and let's just say they are absolutely amazing. The latest install was done on an 03 Nissan Altima and we basically "walled" off the trunk with 2 DMX 15's with a P3000.1 and the car easily does hairtricks. The box was only 6 cubes net. Very impressive woofers. They sound very good and get extremely loud, you will not be disappointed.

im building a box right now that has 6.5 cubes tuned at 32
any numbers i can expect?
Massive suggests way higher tuned enclosures for true SPL useage (they even suggest a 72 hz enclosure tuneing for tiny fartbox installations, which ive never seen another company do)

But for daily use 32 should be ok with that amount of cubes for a single 15. But 45-50 hz is where its really at if you want to put up some respectable numbers. If your not into competition, then dont worry about the higher tunings.

Here are some random pictures of me using my DMX two years ago in competition. Out of all the subs ive ever used / competed with .... the DMX is my favorite since it took massive amounts of abuse and still functioned for years later.

10hz300x100.gif

frontofmass-1.jpg

9050f8b6.jpg

lowhzbackjeep.jpg

jeepmas1.jpg

loudest1.jpg

carlcasper150.jpg

kinda old pics though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

I have one 15" dmx in a 4 cube box tuned to 36ish and it is extremely nice......

I also have 4000 watts going to it If it was me I would go even bigger with the box if you have the room and love the lows. 4.5 cubes ea would slam just about everything Ive heard.

im probably not gonna start a new box(since is is a fiberglass enclosure and is 3/4 done with over 40 hrs into it) but im not going to be doing any competing so hopefully 32 will satsifactory. i will be using them as sq subs not spl(i know they ARE spl drivers) but i have read too many things not to give them a try

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.