15" Kicker CVX...

get them if they are at a pretty good deal for you... I used to run a pair before i learned about all of these internet specialty brands. 8 cuft tuned to 30hz. They tend to like the bigger boxes better.

yes use the biggest box they recomend i had 2 12's and ended up making 3 boxes the biggest one ported i made was the best sounding one. so id go around 5 ube veted

Never had a fifteen but my ten inch cvx got down real good for what it was. Gave a few twelves a run for their money. If its a good deal i dont think you would be disappointed.

For what they are they get pretty loud, definitely wanna go with their larger size enclosures to get them loud. I had a single 12" cvx in their larger SPL size box that did pretty good. If you have no problem giving up your trunk or cargo area then go for it.

I'm thinking about getting one of those myself, in a 3.8ft^3 box (as recommended by WinISD). The manual rates their power handling at 500watts in a 3 cube box and 900 at 5 cubes. I thought that was kind of odd... but only taking it with a grain of salt

I thought it was pretty odd too the 1st time I saw their specs, but thats pretty common with a lot of subs. Not every company gives you specs for more than one power level. Kicker makes decent cheap subs, but better ones will get louder in smaller enclosures, pretty much the reason my cvx has been sitting in it's box on a shelf for the past 2 years.

You'd be better off selling that sub and buying a good sub that requires less airspace. For a $100 sub they are pretty good, but overall they are pretty crappy when compared to other subs. A DC Sound Level 3 or 4 would be much better than any of the lower line Kickers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.