kicker l7 12s wont come out of box

harloe

Alright so I bought 2 l7s from this store the other day.

I went to remove one of them (took out all the screws and such) but it wouldn't budge. I pulled and stuff but didn't wanna damage them.

Am I missing something? why wont they come out?

Usually you can use a flat head screwdriver to pry it out, but if you're worried about getting scratches on the sub then use a putty knife or anything that's plastic and thin on one side.

They use to say that a sub that doesn't want to come out of the box is a sub that's well mounted //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Try tipping the enclosure upside down and see if you can get them to drop out. Thats the only way for me to get my subs out of my daily box. Guess having them flush mounted wasn't so great, lol.
That's an awesome way to knock a voice coil out of alignment.

Im betting the mounting hole was cut as a 'press fit' and getting them out might be a real bitch. Ive seen where enclosures had to be sawed in half to remove the speaker.

A sub moves up and down the whole time, pushing it in won't do a thing to the coil, if it did then you wouldn't be able to crank it up.

If the subs surround lets the coil move to far up then yeah, it can come out of the gap and become seized. But if that happens then you didn't build the sub right and didn't set the coil far enough in the gap when you glued it to the cone.

So again, how would doing this knock a coil out of alignment? I'd like to know.

A sub moves up and down the whole time, pushing it in won't do a thing to the coil, if it did then you wouldn't be able to crank it up.If the subs surround lets the coil move to far up then yeah, it can come out of the gap and become seized. But if that happens then you didn't build the sub right and didn't set the coil far enough in the gap when you glued it to the cone.

So again, how would doing this knock a coil out of alignment? I'd like to know.
It depends on how you drop it...if you drop it flat, it will be fine. If you don't...think about what happens when you lightly push in one side of the cone, then multiply that by the force of dropping it on the ground.

The surround on those Kickers don't stick out all that much though, so idk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.