15'' Brahma vs 15'' Juggy

Big-Cat
10+ year member

Jupiter, FL
ok, i was gonna get 2 kove 15's, in like the next week from a local shop, but they went out of business...so now i'm stuck. I want something that's gonna hit **** hard. I always hear awesome things about Adire, and well, i want a really nice system. Will the Brahma beat out the jugg?

Originally posted by Big-Cat ok, i was gonna get 2 kove 15's, in like the next week from a local shop, but they went out of business...so now i'm stuck. I want something that's gonna hit **** hard. I always hear awesome things about Adire, and well, i want a really nice everyday system. Will the Brahma beat out the jugg?

i've only heard AWESOME things about adire subs, shiva, tempest, brahma. i think they'll hit pretty **** hard. not sure about the jugg.

Heres a few subs I like that hit hard in no purticualiar order

cystal cmpx2

MMATTS juggernautt

DD 9500 series and 3500 series

Adire Brahma

IDMAX

Fosgate power series hx2

Kove Armageddon

Treo not sure for the series some of the hardest hitting I have heard it was at a comp

Alumapro Alchamays can produce so decent numbers setup up right

Alpine type Rs can produce some SPL

Infinitys perfects some SPL

JL w3 or W6 great all around sub can put some mean ass SPL out IMO

Cerwin Vega Stroker

Now all of these are capable of some good SPL and some awsome head ripping off SPL some more than others but about the three loudest will be the DD 9500 the cystal cmpx2 the Brahma and IDMAX and Strocker and Jugg are all pretty close in sound but others have more sq and other have SPL but outta all listed these will hit the hardest.

Originally posted by Big-Cat ok, i was gonna get 2 kove 15's, in like the next week from a local shop, but they went out of business...so now i'm stuck. I want something that's gonna hit **** hard. I always hear awesome things about Adire, and well, i want a really nice system. Will the Brahma beat out the jugg?
Depends on what you are after really...

For overall sound quality, seal the brahma 15"s and give them about 1kW, (or more if you like), want some extra oomph, port them and hold on....

go with the brahmas, and port them since you want something that will hit hard. Youll lose a little sq, but it will be much louder if you build the box right and throw the wattage to it!!!!

the shop did or kove? if the local shop did id still cosider the koves i dont think kove could go under considering how gary was running it with a vengence lol nothin here is bad man just pick and enjoy key thing here is milking the product for that exact thing you want so learn how to achieve it

no, the shop went under, and i don't think you can order from the website. Even if you can, curiosity is really eating away at me as far as adire goes, because i've never heard an adire setup, and i want some serious SPL, but then again i'm not here to blow away the block, ya know?? so i figure i'll get a 15 brahma, a JBL 1200.1, and if i'm not satisfied, i could always save up and get another.

you dont' want to beat out the block but your gonna run 1200 watts into a 15" brahma man you'll rip your head off with that mean subwoofer.

keep i thumpin,

adam

jlaine i am considering buying a brahma 15" for my car and putting it in a custom ported box. can i email you so you can put me on the list for one and would it be louder than say 2 punch HX2's on a 1000wrms @1ohm amp?? i want a louder setup than that and was wondering the the brahma would be as loud or louder or what?

keep it thumpin,

adam

i am still learning somewhat and it would or wouldn't be louder than the 2 HX2's?? and i thought i had read a post from jlaine that the brahma's were on backorder and the next shipment was in like 2 weeks but it could have just been me being really tired i dont know.

keep it thumpin,

adam

just a quick question...what if i went with like two maelstroms. jlaine, do they only come in an 18''? and with two, and a jbl 1200.1 split between them, would they hit harder than the brahma??

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.