1400W too much?

Participant count
  • Participant list

bananapehl777

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hopefully everything is fine, but just making sure I've covered all my bases.

I've got a DC Audio 1.2K with 2 LvL 3 15s wired at 1 ohm. My mids & highs amp is the discontinued 1000.5 IQ series from Kicker. Not sure what it's wired too but is not putting out more than 250 W across the 4 channels. Electrical consists of a 270 a (180 a at idle) alt, big 3 with 0 awg, interstate mtp 35 under the hood and a xs power 3400d in the back next to the sub amp (both batteries not more than 1.5 years old). I have a COBB access port that is capable of reading ecu data such as battery voltage. When I'm at idle, with system full tilt voltage reading on the access port drops to about 12.8 from the normal 14.2 ish. took it to a car audio shop in OKC but they said it that the electrical set up I have should be fine and that I have no bad ground or anything. I made especially sure that they didn't think I needed to make any further electrical upgrades or repairs, and they said no. But it just has me puzzled because 12.8 v while engine is on seems a bit low. Maybe it's because at idle the alt is only capable of 180 a? I just want to know if it would be worth pursuing yet another electrical system upgrade like a new alt (which I doubt they make a bigger one for my car) or another battery. Any tips or thoughts are appreciated!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...