13w6v2 Popping sound

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have 2 -13w6v2's with a JL A1800 on each. They are in 1.488 cu ft. sealed enclosures each. They are both making a popping noise when I turn the volume up(not max). The amps should do 800 rms and the subs should handle around that. Although I've heard many people say these subs really like 800-1000 . The noise is sounds like the cone itself popping. No other distortion in the subs. It happens at multiple frequencies but some more than others. I have used different amps, HU's, RCA's, checked grounding, wiring, voltages, polyfill in the enclosure etc. I don't think I am running them to hard, like I said before no distortion just the popping. Has anyone else heard of something similar? Thanks in advance.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Like @maylar said, delay the turn on to the amplifier only. 3 to 5 seconds should take care of it.
Wow that is very very odd. Could be the wiring harness from them. Check the wires and possibly reground the stereo to another bolt in back of the...
Maybe your amp gain is set too high, or wasn't set properly with the head units volume adjusted properly prior to setting the gain since you...
ringer ringer, chicken dinner... its your headunit. gotta upgrade mine as well, does the same thing, it cannot handle the additonal speakers, just...
Yeah, I'd give them a call. They might replace it. If they do, that is huge CS. I've never known of any mfg to replace an amp because of complete...

About this thread

therealnitty

therealnitty
Gainesville FL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
therealnitty