1300w on sa-12?

mikepro89

Hey all! So I have a shark 3500d and looks like at 4 ohms she pushes 1200-1300. The original plan was to run Two sundown sa-12's. But for now I only have one for the next few months till I get the extra sub. I'm just curious on people's thoughts on me running just the single sub for now, or should I just wait? And use my old amp for now.

thanks!

be perfectly fine. If it's a daily setup, it will never see 1300w, and that Shark is overrated anyways.

Hell you'd probably be fine with it at 1 ohm

edit: nvm you had to ask. Keep it at 4 ohm

Not sure what people mean when they say things like that. I'm thinking a "1300₩" amp playing music. If that's the case my DC XL can take 5k all day long

Not sure what people mean when they say things like that. I'm thinking a "1300₩" amp playing music. If that's the case my DC XL can take 5k all day long
playing music, output fluctuates. Just the way it works.

One note, you could be seeing 1/3 of your power, next note, you could be seeing all of it.

Always good to have headroom in that case

I wonder why Sundown doesn't rate them to withstand 1300W if they can do it "all day erry day"?
I think the 600 watt rating is a sine wave for a certain amount of time. The sub can take music daily from a "1300 watt" amp on music, which is not constant. It will see much less than that. I don't consider stuff like decaf to be "normal music". I know that sundown uses a pink noise test with their speakers.

I remember way back when I said I was putting 3500 watts to a Sundown X-10 daily. You corrected me saying that it was actually seeing way less after impedance rise and voltage drop. My voltage drop was pretty bad before I got my new alternator.

iirc, Jacob stated the 600 rms rating was to keep warranty claims down as the Sa's are pretty much foolproof on anything around that rating. Sure they'll take more as any sub will, just up to the end user to know the limits

playing music, output fluctuates. Just the way it works.
One note, you could be seeing 1/3 of your power, next note, you could be seeing all of it.

Always good to have headroom in that case
Yeah I understand music is dynamic. I just don't like when people are running a 1500w amp and say there sub can take 1500w all day.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

mikepro89

mikepro89
toronto ontario
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Dmac1991