Pair of 12s on a budget

So I already have an enclosure. 4cf ported tuned to 32hz. I have a ppi black ice 650w amp and would like to spend less than 200w on a pair of 12s. I listen primarily to dubstep... Still want something that won't be too muddy
With that little power, there's really not much choices. You say you're on a budget of about $200 for a pair of 12's? How about a pair of Alpine Type S Dual 4 ohms? They would do well with that enclosure.

I'd prefer to work with the amp I have, but wouldn't be opposed to getting a larger amp in the near future. I was looking at HFX12D4
the bottom casing of that sub is hiding a severely small magnet and voice coil. Needless to say, you arent getting loud with that. If you are going to upgrade your amp, get a pair of soundqubed hds210s. One question though, is your box handbuilt or bought online?

If you can fit them in your budget, the SSA Dcon's are quite good. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

After a lot of research I think I've decided on the SSA dcons... I plan on getting a bigger amp in the future. Any more suggestions would be welcome.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.