12w3's and 1200.1

Killa sin
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
florida
I want to get 2 12w3's and power them with a JBL 1200.1. That would give them each 600 watts at 2 ohms right? Would the subs handle 600 watts good? I want some loud bass with some decent SQ, will this setup give me that?

Man, I don't know if they can handle THAT much wattage. I mean JL can take the watts, but that is kind of pushing the envelope with those W3's. I don't really know those amps, but if that is peak wattage then it is ok. If it is RMS, then hell no. Maybe if you had W6's, then they would take it easily. Just how I feel about them.

It will handle it all day long JL underrates thier subs so they will soak up everybit of power you throw at them they will even be looking for more but do keep the gains down.

I run 2 12w3's off of 2 500a2's and I have no problems at all with them at all, in fact its loud as hell. Just adjust your amp so your not killin the subs.

Yeah just do what they are telling you and keep the gains down that really will help. I have 2 JL W3's getting pushed with a JL 500/1 class D monoblock amp, and they pound quite loud if I may say. I'm more of a worry wort I don't push them a lot because where I live systems get stolen a lot so I only really push them going down busy streets. I would have to say for spending almost $900 on the setup I'm quite satisfied. If you can check out the lab report on the JL 500/1 it can push all the way up to 733 watts into any load between 1.5 - 4 ohms. Quite nice advantage if I may say so myself.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I have the JBL bp600.1 on (2)10w0-4's (rated at only 125 rms). They take the power quite well, but I really don't push them hard for too long. Just keep the gains at a reasonable level. IMO, it is better to have too much power than not enough (you can always turn it down, but not always turn it up).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.