12v on remote cable but amplifier not turning on (checked everything)

There's 11,35V on the remote, I guess that's not enough. How do I improve the voltage or is there another way around except for putting a relay in the front of the car between the 12v input and the remote input.

I'm not a big technician but if there are some handy things I can try it would be nice!

It's a Volkswagen Polo 1997
Like I told you, try running a new remote wire. A relay is not a hard thing by any means to install, either.

Because I had some free time today I worked on it.

Thanks so far for all the replies guys //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

What I did today is connect the 12V slot to the remote slot so that the light turned green on the amp, nothing wrong so far and I figured that out before.

Now I figured out that the remote wire must be in the amp TOGETHER with the 12V AND wired to eachother.

In that case it will always be one whether it's on acc or not, so I put a on/off switch in front of the car on the remote wire so I can put it on and off manually.

Hurray, the green light burns whenever I want and the amp is working!

Unless I put the volume a little bid in the mid section and it's clipping gigantly and the green light is sort of flickering, but protection is not turning on for as far as I know.

After a while it just didn't do anything anymore but the fuse is still good.

So what's the point now guys? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif Any help will be appreciated ofcourse!

Cheers

I put a new wire from my HU to the remote slot from the amplifier with a switch in front

Thanks for the reply but that doesn't seem to be the problem because the volume was so low, but it was just an ugly sound but just on a very low volume when the bass in a song kicks in.

Thanks for the reply but that doesn't seem to be the problem because the volume was so low, but it was just an ugly sound but just on a very low volume when the bass in a song kicks in.
I'm not 100% sure what your problem is then, it sounded funny for a second?

check all of your connections, grounds, RCA's, fuses etc.

curious to know if you are running oem or aftermarket deck. Can you turn up the volume and have it sound right? check the ohms of the subs. gently push on the cone of the sub and see if you feel anything rubbing. check continuity from amp ground to neg of bat.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Hylcod

Hylcod
The Netherlands
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
CrossoverOre