1200watt Legacy amp

• Thread starter Unregistered
  • Start date
  • Replies 6
  • Views 2K
U

Unregistered

I have 2 sony xplod 12" subs rated for 450watts.I've been looking at Legacy on Ebay and the price seens good will this amp due and is it enough power to push the subs. Thanks for any response..............

legacy is not considered to be a quality amp(esp.here)however i have one in my wife's car and it does okay. if you are looking to be heard two b;ocks away lose the sony's and the legacy. if you just want to hit and you hear it in your car for the price you are okay IMO. there are "better" cheap amps out there. lanzar gets mentioned quite a bit.

just in case you're wondering, idon't like sony subs, but i LIKE their mobile es series hu's and amps(i have both)//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

it is true that legacy arent the best amps and they arent always true to the rated watts. I have never used or heard lanzars amps but that is what almost everyone on this forum says quite a bit. But my friend my an 800 watt legacy pushing 2 200watt rockford subs and they sound really good and it hasnt blown with that much power and everything cranked for a year, yet. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

later

if you are going to stick with the sony 12's... i would suggest you go to a dealer who sells the same subs so you can audition several amps in your price range to determine the one that sounds the best to you.

Legacy & Lanzar amps are both basically a higher end Pyramid. Pyle is also bought out by Pyramid. They are all fairly good products, but when your looking to be noticed, it's going to take a lot of power from these amps to do it. I know a 50 watt xtant or MTX amp is louder and hits harder than a 1200 Legacy, Pyle, or Pyramid and a 500 watt Lanzar.

Sound Around owns pyramid, legacy, pyle, and in '96 or '97 they also acquired the Lanzar name. They are 4 seperate companies that operate indepently of each other. Pyramid never bought anything, and pyramid does not build Lanzar.

I just wanted to clear that up.

Personally, I think the lanzar vibes are great for people on a tight budget. They're close to their ratings, and I've had good luck with them as far as durability and reliability. The 1200D however gave me a headache.

Pyramid and legacy have always done well for me too. I have an 8 year old pyramid amp in my boat that has never given me a problem. You just have to understand that they are drastically over-rated.

Forget the legacy. For the price of one of those you can get a small rockford amp like a punch 250 and that will do better then the legacy

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.