1200w-1800w Amp for SSA Xcon 15"

Participant count
  • Participant list

DeepBassDreams

FL
I got a SSA xcon 15" going in a 4th order.

I'm looking at powering it with a Incriminator Audio IA10.1 1200w at 1ohm

My budget is $400 or less

My electrical can support 2000w

Can I get a better amp for my money?

Soundqubed, sundown, crescendo, ct sounds.. Any of these company or other have better to offer at that price point?

Ran an xcon 15 on a sounqubed 2200 @1. Sounded great! Can easily find a used aq/sq 2200 for less than 400, or just add 29 for new.

I'm already edging over my budget..any more money and my build will be delayed //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

I can do 1 amp now another later on. Strap them. That's why I looked at the IA10.1..also cus its stable down to .25ohm burps

I at last want a quality amp that would last me a while.. 3 maybe 4 years..while being under the $400 price tag

I like the look of the beefy insides on the US acoustics Mike 1500w..but I can't find any feedback on them. No clipping test, no voltage drops, how stable are they at high voltages.

For me its between the US Mike amp or the IA.10.1

I'm not digging sundown.. Too much over my budget since I don't even have the cash yet. 1500w $430 only 15voltage stable and how low can they be wired down.... .5ohm stable? If the sundown can impress them I'll wait and change my mind...

The US Acoustics is very new to market, hence the lack of info just yet. If you like the IA, go for it. We haven't had a customer have an Incriminator mono block fail, period. So they are great amps and the compact footprint is nice too.

I'm going with Incriminator IA 10.1 as soon as the check comes in

The IA is built like a tank, can handle high voltages, can be dropped down to .5 ohm and run like that daily. Has dampining factor of higher end sq amps like zapco...small compact and ****..for the price Incriminator is the best IMO

BTW..none of the other amps I researched can compete except brands like zapco, arc, helix etc. And price wise they all fall face first.

Ooh and doing the math..the IA 10.1 should put out around 1500w @ 1ohm

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.