1200.1 Vs Comp.

SubCool
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
NY
Ok all.. U all know more then I.

What makes the JBL 1200.1 (a 200$ or more amp) BETTER then say [etronics.com], a Pyramid PB1075 1400 Watt 4 Channel ?????? (150$ or so).

Im Quite lost.

Anyone feel like humoring me?

the JBL WILL put out 1200 watts, easily...

the pyramid might have trouble putting out 600....

the JBL will alst as longa s you will,

teh pyramid might make it a week...

the JBL will draw much elss current for the power it puts out,

the pyramid will suckl yur battery and not put out a ton of power...

in short, buy the pyramid, and someone will slap you...

So i've read. Very good point.

Well is there anything else out there? i think i saw at the etronics.com a Lancer or something.. claims to push 1500Watts annd costs a little. But more or less the Q. is there any other amp out there that have to power/stability/ and price?

And also that 1200.1 is one channel.. good for a series set of woofers (right?). Anything with two channel? or does anyone know a good place to get that amp cheap?

Or even used? i know dont get a used Speaker.. what about amps?are there ways of telling if it was over heated... etc?Fill me in here guys.

What about Rockford, alpine? i dont know.. i am just spouting out names here. Every thread on here seems to lean towards that JBL 1200.1. I have posts on here everywhere that no one respondes to.. so. SHould i just look at different Woofers. I have had my Eye on the TypeR 12". But should i just get something else then..? IM sooo lost.

Sub

The reason everyone leans toward the JBL is because its the best amp out there for the money. I think a good comparison would be between the JBL and my Precision Power amp. My amp costs 3 to 5 times more, depending on where you get it. It will put out the SAME wattage AT BEST as the JBL, in my opinion. And the JBL is 1 Ohm stable, while mine isn't. There are little differences in build quality, my PPI might last a little longer and run a little smoother over time, but that is debatable. But my PPI has all kind of little bass boost frequencies, crossovers, subsonic and regular filters that the JBL just doesn't have. Plain and simple, if you don't need the gadgets, why spend more to have them? Right. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif And don't be put off so much on the cheap price of the JBL. It's selling at half what its worth because of the greatness that is the internet. While Lanzar's and such are selling just below normal cost. I think the regular cost of a JBL is $500 or so. And they should PAY YOU to use a Pyramid product.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nono.gif.eca61d170185779e0921b0faa9704973.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif

You can run a series of subs to that one channel, as most people tend to do.

A good place to get the JBL is http://www.ikesound.com or http://www.thezeb.com .

If I were you, I'd give some serious consideration to Adire Audio subs. http://www.ampman.com , they've got them. Adire is one of the hottest names out there right now. I will be putting a 12" Adire Brahma in my next setup, powered by the JBL1200.1.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

bravo Wonderbread...it couldn't have been answered better //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

what r u people on about??? pyramid is great!!!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif :D //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

on a serious note, its possible to put it in the same league as

1. pyle

2. pie

3. legacy

4. profile

5. jensen

6. fury

7. any flea market **** which promises 1500watt for only $29.99 = bull

whoa man, please pull jensen frmo taht list of yours...

they may not be teh greatest of anmes, but they arent bad at all for entry level, simple cehap stuff, i would but a jensen well before any of those otehrs....

i would also take profile off that list... while not the greatest my bro had a profile 200x2 amp and had 2 10" kenwoods and hit between 135-137db's, which he got 3rd or 4th place in his comp outta like 20...if u hook them up right they will sound good:)

Hey wesley.. not to stray away from the topic,

But... Im looking for SQ.. i have so far been pointed towards Apline TypeR and Infinity.

Still in the arguement of which is better (be it i can get a Type R 12 for 120$ each). Whats up with that Audio adire? IM still getting into the loop here.

I was thinking of seeing if Chappy (was it) is still selling his two type R's and his Rockford amp.. unsure of the price.. but still.

people give me some of the best sub in the same range please. price SQ. I already saw how the 12" Type R gets only like 500watts (right?)

thanks all

Sub

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.