12" vs 15"

The difference between efficiency and transient response go hand in hand (they both have similar effects). If you have an inefficient speaker, do you think it will have the same sensitivity or same transient response as the more sensitive one? The purpose of the speaker is to reproduce sound as accurate as possible. A lazy speaker isn't going to react or move as effectively as a lightweight (but rigid!) one with a stronger motor force. I don't see how your argument is in any way against what I said originally.... :-/
Efficiency and transient response do not go hand in hand. The fact that you compare the 'sensitivity' of an efficient driver with a less efficient driver only serves to show you are confused about this topic. Dont get me wrong, Im not bad mouthing you, this can be a somewhat complex issue, you have a better understanding than the average enthusiast does. But your conclusions about efficiency, transient response, and mms are simply incorrect. I posted a link to an expert that tested it, and proved inductance is a much bigger factor than moving mass, but you conclude that Dan Wiggins, speaker designer and inventor of xbl^2, doesn't know as much as you do and thus his test is 'stupid'.

The best way I can end this reply, is to simply quote the expert: "Mass isn't the problem - inductance is. So if you want faster transient response, ignore that moving mass

parameter that some manufacturers push - look at the inductance!". Common sense suggests your conclusion is correct, scientific testing proves it is wrong. Your response to that is to fall back on your common sense based conclusions. If you want to believe you are correct, go ahead. But that doesn't mean you are.

I stand corrected. I see what you mean. I remember when I was studying fuel injection systems, (stay with me) that the lower impedance injectors put a greater load on the drivers in the ECU than the higher impedance injectors. The higher impedance injectors were easier to drive and easier to control/modulate, had less EMI feedback into the computer.

Thanks for pointing out these errors without being an *** about it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

rbai76

10+ year member
rbai76
Annapolis, MD
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from