12" vs 15"

not true. most companies just gear their 15's and 18's more towards SPL since that's where they excel due to cone area, and the 12's and 10's have more SQ orientation. they are 100% capable of sounding just as good as 12's, but with the advantage of getting louder

just because the subwoofer is 3 inches bigger does not mean it cant hit the same hertz as a 12. its all about the enclosure. sure if you tune to 47 hertz and play a test tone you'll hear brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr and thats it. however if you put a 15 in an enclosure that has the right cubic feet, and tuned right, it can sound just as good if not better than a 12 or 10

just because the subwoofer is 3 inches bigger does not mean it cant hit the same hertz as a 12. its all about the enclosure. sure if you tune to 47 hertz and play a test tone you'll hear brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr and thats it. however if you put a 15 in an enclosure that has the right cubic feet, and tuned right, it can sound just as good if not better than a 12 or 10
what

i run a 15 daily and it sounds better than most 10s/12s i hear.. its all about the box and what sub you buy in the first place..if you buy a piece of crap best buy sub in a prefab box..then yeah your gonna have probs..lotta car audio myths out there that are stupid lol

I like the 18s cause they play the deep bass //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

I like the 18s cause they play the deep bass //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif
That's only true with girls. I'm SOL.

Anyways, sub sizes on their own really don't determine how they will play, it's more in the enclosure.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

rbai76

10+ year member
rbai76
Annapolis, MD
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from