Participant count
  • Participant list

yanks fan
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Item(s) for Sale:

12" Sound Splinter RL-S

Item(s) Description/Condition:

Used, small dents on cone, 100% mechanically. Better pics if requested.

Price:

$300 + Shipping

Only trade I'm interested in is an iPad and even that is questionable.

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

Shipping day after I receive payment via whoever you want to ship.

Item Pictures:

View attachment 26528557View attachment 26528558View attachment 26528559View attachment 26528560View attachment 26528561View attachment 26528562View attachment 26528563View attachment 26528564

This very powerful 12" driver produces true 3" peak-to-peak excursion. Custom built in the USA featuring Linear Motor Technology, ears will be blown away by its intrinsic accuracy and massive output. Perfect for moderate to large home theaters and audiophiles seeking out the cleanest and most earthquaking bass available. As a moderate to large-box driver, if you cannot accomodate our recommended range of enclosure volumes and power levels, we would urge you to consider our Premium Series drivers as a more practical (albeit less powerful) solution for high performance applications requiring minimal use of space. The Supreme 12 is available in single 4 voicecoil only and is rated for 1200 watts RMS.

T/S Parameters:

Qts: 0.970

Qes: 1.114

Qms: 7.459

Fs: 30.97 Hz

Re: 2.88

Ls: 2.54 mH

Lp: 7.534 mH

Rp: 3.15

Dia:

(% shift) 254 m

21.1 %

Vas: 27.65 L

Mms: 344.2 g

Cms: 76.69 u

Bl: 13.15 T*m

n0: 70.88 m

SPL: 80.5 dB

Sd: 0.0507 m^2

Xmax: 38.5 mm

Measurements:

Mounting Depth 21.2 cm

Total Depth 23.3 cm

Outside Diameter 32.3 cm

Mounting Cutout 28.2 cm

Weight 44 lbs

Magnet Width 18.8 cm

Thanks Imtjnotu.

Not exactly positive. I was the second owner. I bought it probably two years ago roughly. First owner used it for home audio which honestly I might do if I can't find a buyer. This sub won't disappoint one bit.

It was only made in single 3 ohm; not single 4.

Taken directly from SS website:

Welcome to the world of exceptionally high-fidelity subwoofers. Boasting an extremely

linear high excursion capability of 3" peak to peak (4" peak to peak mechanical), anyone

demanding the richness of true-to-life sonic accuracy need look no further. The heart of

this masterpiece is defined by its variable density voicecoil which allows this driver the

unique capability to maintain a constant force (BL) throughout its entire stroke, thereby

eliminating the primary cause for distortion found in almost every other woofer on the market.

We are proud to have been the first brand to release a driver with this innovative and patented linear technology. Supported by quad-stacked ceramic magnets coupled to a large steel t-yolk, these drivers feature thick gap-plates, a copper shorting ring, dual spiders, woven lead wires, tall NBR rubber surround, a gold plated spring-action terminal, cast aluminum basket and stiff aluminum cone heatsinked to a very hefty 3" variable density coil. Truly one of the most powerful, uncompromising, practically distortion-free subwoofers available on the market, an RL-s Series driver will be sure to create an aurally supreme experience no one listening will soon forget.

Available in 12" and 15" cone size, in single 3 ohm coil configuration.
http://www.soundsplinter.com/rls_supreme_series_subwoofer_information.html

I'll get a picture up tonight or tomorrow with it on the DMM if you really want it I suppose.

I'll have to go on a ******* treasure hunt to find my DMM first lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.