12" Premier TS-W5000SPL for sale or trade ($250 + shipping OBO)

misfit138
5,000+ posts

a whole new type of aids
Williamson, WV
Item(s) for Sale:

12" Pioneer Premier TS-W5000SPL

Item(s) Description/Condition:

4 ohm dvc, 2kw monster with triple stacked 320 oz mags and direct connect 8 gauge leads.

Sub is in really nice shape. Only has some scuffs on the basket's powdercoating, which is typical wear from mounting a sub this heavy. The cone and surround look REALLY good, with no "bad" scratches or wear at all. Once mounted, this subwoofer looks practically new.

The following was taken from Pioneer's site:

"12" Competition SPL Subwoofer.

Pioneer engineers developed the TS-W5000SPL from the ground up with a no-holds-barred approach. The project focused the talents of the world's largest speaker manufacturer and resulted in a history-making product. The TS-W5000SPL is designed to do it all. Be it earth-moving, competition-pounding power or the baddest bass beat your friends ever heard, this subwoofer is master and commander.

To demonstrate the performance of the Premier subwoofers, Pioneer teamed up with Scott Owens of Edge Audio (Phoenix, AZ) to create the ultimate SPL (Sound Pressure Level) competition vehicle. 18 months of building, testing, rebuilding, and competing later, the Pioneer/Edge Audio Ford F-250 made its dB Drag Racing World Finals debut in October 2003. The rest is history, as the truck shattered records and the competition on its way to becoming World Champion and 2003 Deathmatch Champion. Scott backed up this outstanding debut with a second consecutive Deathmatch championship at the 2004 dB Drag Racing World Finals.

Interlaced Carbon Fiber Reinforced IMPP Cone*

The cone of the TS-W5000SPL features a patent-pending design that combines long carbon fibers into a proprietary blend. The strong, lightweight characteristics of carbon fiber render a robust IMPP cone capable of withstanding the enormous pressure levels the speaker is capable of generating.

Aramid Fiber Reinforced Rubber Radial Surround*

When a subwoofer is working overtime, the cone exhibits dramatic movement that must be controlled appropriately without compromising the actual sound quality. The same material used in bullet-proof vests, Aramid Fiber is woven into the rubber surround producing a superior material that eliminates puckering and improves highpower performance.The overhung design allows for a 22% larger cone surface which translates to even more sound pressure.

Ceramic-Coated Voice Coil Wire*

The TS-W5000SPL’s voice coil wire is coated with ceramic, which allows it to handle extreme heat. This doubles the input power handling capability and significantly improves reliability. This technology is proven, with consecutive dB Drag Racing DeathMatch competition wins at the 2003 and 2004 dB Drag Racing World Finals!

Aero-Dynamic Magnetic Gap (ADMG)

As a speaker operates, the movement generated between the top and back plates is subject to resistance, both mechanical and air pressure. To reduce this resistance, strategic channels are precisely machined into the top and back plates. This effectively reduced physical resistance by more than 10% and thus reduced power waste making the speaker even stronger.

Triple-Stack Magnet Assembly

To build the most powerful subwoofer in the world you need power. Twenty pounds of it! Three gigantic ferrite magnets are combined with an extra-large top and back plate to create a motor with enough force to exceed 170+ dB.

Cast Aluminum Basket

Designed from scratch by Pioneer, this one-piece aluminum basket assembly holds the motor assembly, cone, and magnet structure securely in place. The benefits of this design: reduced internal stress, superior damping, and increased magnetic efficiency.

Dual Voice Coil

TS-W5000SPL uses two voice coils, each at 4 ohms. This design offers you the flexibility of turning it into either a 2-ohm sub (voice coils connected in parallel), an 8-ohm sub (connected in a series), or powering the voice coils separately (dual 4 ohm loads). More options, more power: that’s what DVC is all about.

The available UD-W12 SPL Optimized Ported Enclosure is the perfect complement for the TS-W5000SPL subwoofer. It features a ported design that provides optimum performance and delivers tight, thunderous bass output."

Price:

$250 + shipping OBO. MONEY ORDERS ACCEPTED!!! NO PAYPAL...EVER...NO EXCEPTIONS!!!!

Would LOVE to trade for a 2.0-2.5kw monoblock (preferablly 2.5kw) that is in REALLY nice condition cosmetically....as well as 100% functional. I, of course, will add cash on my end if need be. Would prefer something along the lines of a zenon model, but would also consider a SS Rub1.2500D.

I would also consider trading for a nice Alpine or Pioneer double din dvd player as well....with cash on my end of course.

I'm a reasonable guy, so any decent cash offer or trade will be considered.

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

Shipping will be actual cost....as quoted by USPS. Tracking info and insurance will be provided. For purposes of this thread we'll say shipping is $50. If it's anything below $50, buyer will be reimbursed. If it's anything above $50, the difference will come out of my pocket.

Item Pictures:

This is a video. Click the pic to view it @ photobucket's site.

07-1.jpg

06-1.jpg

In this pic it looks as if there is a crack in the "lip" of the woofer. I can assure you there is no crack. This pic suffers from some poor lighting or something. Again, there is no crack in this woofer. NONE!!!

05-1.jpg

04-4.jpg

02-4.jpg

01-4.jpg

Anyone who has been around ca.com for a while should know who I am, and I am quite sure some standup guys will assure potential buyers that I am reputable. I do have refs, but I have forgotten quite a few of them as I have not been a regular poster on the forum for quite some time. I also have 100% positive itrader feedback, as you can see.

Thanks for looking...

I'm gonna be honest. I would rather trade this sub, because I wanna help get my cousin's blow-through project off the ground....so hit my inbox with any trade proposals ya might have.

I would like to take that sub and make a coffee table out of it - pure hotness there.
which is why your not getting it/.

op glws.

I have seen and heard these subs in the demo cars and they are intense awesome sounding subs right up there with all the other elite subwoofer manufactures.

I'm sorry this woofer has no Digital Designs, Fi, DC, Incriminator, SSA, Audioque, Ascendant, Sundown etc etc etc logo present. However, that won't stop it from throat raping any $300 12" woofer those companies have on the market currently. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

This woofer would make someone who likes loud bass extremely happy....and it won't cost them a fortune. I'm VERY interested in trades as well....and the price is OBO. If I don't get a decent trade offer within the next day or so this thing's hittin' ebay.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

misfit138

5,000+ posts
a whole new type of aids
misfit138
Williamson, WV
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date