12" DC's box build for F150.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Cali_Screw
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Rancho,CA
This box is going in my 2006 F150... Well i got a pair of subs that i absolutely love, But i needed a new box because the current box i had was too tall. And the down fire i had just built, i just didn't care for the sound. But any how, here are some pics of all the progress.

This new box is roughly 1.4cft per sub!

100_1714.jpg

2010-02-02122309.jpg

2010-02-02122320.jpg

2010-02-02124919.jpg

2010-02-02150420.jpg

2010-02-02150428.jpg

2010-02-02150434.jpg

Some of the screw are there for a temporary hold since i don't own a nail gun. The mounting board will be on sometime this week! Also needs some sanding to clean up some of the edges..

Thanks!

wow that looks like a major pain in the ass lol. tons of little cuts and they all look great. but you should knock down that divider or do something to take up space on the other side. looks like one chamber will be a good deal smaller.

are you using the same amp/ channel tonpower the subs? if so just cut down that divider and use it as internal bracing. they can share an enclosure.

they are on the same amp, its a mono. I built a box once that was common chamber, and they subs on high volume were off beat and working against each other. I then divided them up like how i have it now and it went away. this was two 12" JL w6's. I think what is happening is the air flow for the sub on the side with the cut out is all ****ed because of the turns and the other subs ends up ******* it down...

I am still unsure on how to approach this divide section or just leave it common.

there must have been a wiring isdue or a crapoy wire. i bet that one of the subs was wired backwards. ive done it. infact i just did it yesterday. lol. i have alk 4 of mine in a common chamber. try it out. with alk those angles ur never gonna get it oerfectl just let them work as a pair.

what imoedance are you going with and what ohm load? just wire them like you wrre gonna. i honestly think that you either didnt have one sub actually hooked up or one was wired in reverse polarity. just athe pos and neg were backwards. you wont have any issues running a common chambered box. i havent run a single sub per enclosure ever except for the w7. but they were on dif amps. just pull the piece between the subs. cut it down and use it as internal bracing and you will have perfect ballance between the subs. jyst do it and dont worry about it.

put 2 bolts through the box as terminals with wingnuts. hook each sub to that terminal using equal length wire. should help prevent or lessen the damage to the first sub in the chain. if you send a clipping signal the first sub thats been dsisychained will take alk the abuse and fry. spreading it out gelps a little.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.