10w7s (What amp?)

Participant count
  • Participant list

Byser

Texas
My current system Im running right now is 2 JL Audio 10w7s and what I have pushing them is 2 Kicker 750s. Look at photos to get a better idea and if need be I can post a video of it. I want to find out if these amps are fine and get the job done or if I might need to upgrade to a single bigger amp or better dual amps. Ive ran this set up since 2011 and its hit hard and its been great. Im taking it out of the car and having put in my truck in a custom box being built in the next few months or so. But thats not my issue, just trying to figure out the best amp for my buck or if Im fine where I am.

64077_10150597205874016_1151332872_n.jpg

420374_10150597204969016_1013250841_n.jpg

64907_10150597206529016_1252759868_n.jpg

a 2k at 1 ohm amp would do the job those subs are single VC 3ohm right? if so your only giving each maybe like 500w maybe even less. wiring them together to a single amp would give you a 1.5ohm load

Ok that sounds good, what amp would you recommend? Like JL, SPL, Sundown,......ect there is so many out there and there are some up to the task and others that are not. What do you think or suggest?

soundqubed 2200,

crescendo bc2000

sundown scv2000

INCRIMINATOR AUDIO IA20.1

look at this website and pic a 2000w amp

http://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/

jl only makes 1000Wamps so youd need 2 and thats stupid expensive for only 2000w. spl i hope you didnt mean that company that makes those gorilla amps...

I would know very much about SPL or other amps. Ive always followed JL for years and thats all Ive ever really had. But each speaker is rated at 750 RMS. Do you really think I need 2000w? That seems like over kill and they a 3ohm speaker. Im not the most vast knowing person on these specs and subs but I can repeat what the descriptions say lol I just want them to hit hard and proper. They hit hard with these amps but people say they werent hitting to their full extent. So during this new build I want them to be at their peek performance.

if you have the money sure go with jl audio but your going to spend almost $1500 on 2 amps when you can spend $500 tops for one thatll do the job. those amps are rated at 1ohm, wiring your subs together gives you a 1.5ohm load, theres this thing called box rise or impedance rise which is well self explanitory the impedance rises in the boxes as the music plays. then you have voltage drop. so after all these factors are put into effect the amp is no longer putting out 2000 watts its probably putting out 1500. maybe even less. thats why its ok to overpower your subwoofers as you are never feeding them the full amount of power you think you are. unless you are doing burps which i dont think you are.

Nope! No burps here, just playing good bass songs and enjoying the sound. I get what your saying now about the voltage and everything. I really do thank you for pointing that out and getting me to look at different things. It makes me feel better about the choices Im about to make and the money Im about to spend.

Nope! No burps here, just playing good bass songs and enjoying the sound. I get what your saying now about the voltage and everything. I really do thank you for pointing that out and getting me to look at different things. It makes me feel better about the choices Im about to make and the money Im about to spend.
If you don't mind buying used, pick up a couple of 1000/1 for a good price. They can be had for $300-$350. I have one listed here. There's a couple others on caco in that price as well. I have a local Craigslist ad, one is being sold for $200. Be patient and watch these forums, you will get a deal eventually.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.