105 amp stock alt...

Participant count
  • Participant list

MrWizzard
10+ year member

Canada
Alright, my Stock Alt is 105 amps, i want to go cheap as possible for the electrical if i have too...

I'll be running a XXX 12" 4 ohm DVC, on a zapco C2K 6.0 bridged into 2ohms (its either 900 rms or 1300 rms, i got conflicting info off zapco, hehe)... i'll proabably be running 100x2 for comps passive or 100x4 for 2 way active comps... (undesided on that one)

So, with that, will the stock alt be good, along with replacing the main batt with a yellow top, or should i add the yellow top as an extra battery and if i do, will 105 amp alt have enough to charge both? or should i just keep the stock battery and get a new HO Alt or should i just get a HO alt and change the stock battery? or change to a H0 Alt and "ADD" another battery? lol

Got a few options, not sure wich one will be best for the setup. So i just want a few opinions from someone who's tried various configs with about the same power...

Should be around 1500 watts or so including the HU etc... (and assuming an Active 2 way comp setup).

I guess that alt should give me about 1300 watts at 13v or so... enough or not enough? hehe.

Thanks for any opinions....

FYI, I will be doing the big 3 of course....

what kind of vehicle are we talking about? 105 amps isn't anything too bad, my scion had a 40 amp stocker.. : / 105 will get you where you need to go, just upgrade the big 3 and go with the yellow top and see where you're at once you install the stereo, that'd probably be the cheapest way... but definately replace the battery if it's a stocker from the dealer, unless it's already a decent battery, then just do the big 3 and you should be on your way to something good.

post up some pics if you do an install on that alternator though : ) //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Kewl, its an 03 alero, and the replacement alt is a 105 amp, so i assume its 105 amps or so... not even sure if its stock or not since it was 1 year used but it most likely is still stock.

sorry for changing the subject...but where can you find out how many amps your alternator puts out? i drive a '98 honda prelude...cant seem to find any info on the alternator.

oops..nvm..just found it. only 100 amps...=[

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.