$1000 yes OR no

STruC
10+ year member

Ok Finally I set off shoping for a sound system. This sales guy today offered me something that made me think twice about my purchase.

So here it is :

JL Audio 500/1 AMP

TWO 12" JL Audio W3-D4 Subs

Panasonic CQ-DF801U Deck

Sealed 12" box

All wires

Narness

Installation

Tax (it adds up to about $115)

EVERYTHING FOR THE PRICE OF $1000 U.S.A. money

MAKE IT or BREAK IT ? lol worth it ?

The guy will set up my Amp

he will install my stereo deck

he will be running wire to my amp

he will put in the subs in the box

and basically at the end.... he will just set up the entire thing. NO custom job.

No. I would buy the stuff and install it myself if it isn't going to be a custom job. Anybody can put some speakers in a box for u!!! Hes ripping u off a little i think. I guess it depends on how much the stuff comes up to and see how much hes charging for the labor. Anything over 100.00 for a basic install is too much.

here is the INTERNET prices I shoped around for these:

JL audio 12" W3 = $149 each x 2 ($298)

JL audio amp 500/1 = $379

Panasonic deck = $300

box = $80

Tax = $100

wires and harness = $70

Total = $1227 is the prices I expected on the internet

So is it worth it ?

I found the HU, amp and subs to come to about $1000 on the net - If this is an authorized dealer, then I would pay it. Just make sure the factory warranties are honored through that dealer.

Thanks guys,

Yes these guys are authorized dealer. I asked him twice to make sure warranties will be "honored" and he said yes. They are pretty big store.

If i were near u i would do it.! I'm not a licensed installer either though!! So i guess u have to pay for the expertise and the warranty!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif Which isn't a bad thing anyway!

Yes, I would buy the setup I have those subs and that amp and they pound really hard. So yes I would get it it's a really nice setup!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.