1000 watt+ rms 12" sub?

Participant count
  • Participant list

aberant1

Any recommendations on a 12 @ 2 ohms with over 1000 watts rms and under $300?

Has anyone heard the new ORION XTRPRO124D?

Or the Lanzar OPTI1234D?

I'm looking for something for a daily driver, had an NVX VCW on a 1000 watt jbl amp but the amp was way too much for it to handle with the gain barely up to 15%..

american bass XFL 12, soundqubed HDS312, SSA Icon, Incriminator audio flatlyne, FI SSD

Just to let you know, even at 15% gain, you can clip without knowing it. Many different variables can drive your amp to clipping. EX: pre-amp output voltage is too high, dirty bass from music recording, your car's electrical voltage dropping too low. Playing too low below box tuning while pushing it hard can kill the sub too.

I looked at the XFL and HDS312, I'll have to check the other ones out. I did have the amp professionally installed and gains set but your right I could have other issues. I listen to bass heavy music with a lot off rolling bass lines that get pretty low. The amp doesn't have a subsonic filter but I really wasn't pushing it that hard, just breaking it in and the sub didn't last for 15 minutes before it started falling apart. Thanks for the reply!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.