10" Sub for 2005 F-250 SuperCrew

Participant count
  • Participant list

DjDan101
10+ year member

I am installing a system for a friend and I am having some trouble picking components of it for him. I am currently looking for the subwoofer and I think I'm going to have to go with a single 10 because of a lack of space. I think this is the box I'll end up with

FSD130P - Ported Ford F250 F350 F450 Speaker and Subwoofer Boxes and Enclosures

which offers 1.3 cubic ft of airspace and only 4.25" mounting depth. Any recommendations? His only request that it "beats" and he has never had a system so I figure something 300-500 watt RMS that is meant for near this airspace will be more than enough. If worse comes to worst, I'll just recommend he get the premade MTX Thunderform. Thanks in advance.

nah man, contact @CSCStang for a custom box i think he recently did something for a ford truck, but custom is the only way to go, sundown SD10 might fit but you didnt state a budget

I wasn't given a budget but I know this guy makes good money so I'm sure he is willing to spend. Every SA sub I've ever seen had a massive magnet so I didn't think any would fit.

i dont know anything about fords but if you are able to move the rear seat forward an inch or two you would have space for the sundown sd3 10. i would recommend the duel sealed box instead of the ported one.

just got my 1 10" sd3 in my crew cab chevy yesterday and it plays good. they needs about around .55-.65cuft sealed box.

this one seems like it may work. if the volume is to big you could add some wood on he inside to take up volume to get to the correct volume.

04-07 F250/350 Superduty Crew Cab Behind The Seat Dual Box Sliding Rear Window

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.