10" sub choices..

gqjeff
10+ year member

Waz up????
IL
I have been looking into these. I was going to try and go SQ but I am doing the install myself so to be serious its not going to be an SQ quality install. I do want it to sound good though and wang if needed. Thinking of running anywhere from 500-1000 rms depending on what I go with. I have been getting help from Kharps on this forum great guy and really helpful. I have anywhere from $100-$300 to spend on a sub but might bite on a deal with sub/amp combo very soon. Trying to stay 10" to go ported and still fit ok in my jetta trunk and move enough air.

DD 1510 used for $200 to my door.

DC 10 level 4 $255 to my door new.

10w7 w 500/1 $429 to my door used.

Re Se D4 $130 to my door new.

What would you guys rock? Also go ahead and list some other goodies if you have some in mind.

TIA, Jeff

I have yet to install my older Pioneer Premier w250-spl 10's yet, but my buddy has the same speakers, but 12" in his Envoy and sound wonderful and his are in a ported box. Not sure what space requirements you have, but my box for them is right at 2 cubes and tuned to 32 and should sound good. I have plenty of room left in my Focus trunk to boot!

I paid 100 smacks for them and look mint! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Dayton HO 10, hands down.

250+ shipping for a pair from partsexpress. .7 cubes per driver tuned to 30hz, you will be impressed.

I had this setup not too long ago, only reason for selling was I wanted trunk space back, but the output of the pair was way more than I ever needed.

for around $270 shipped, you can get a dd2510 new from dd. i just put one in my s-10 and it is CRAZY loud and actually has preaty good sq to boot. it will eat 1k all day.

Keep coming guys. I do not want to rock duals at all and for some reason just can't get into rocking pioneer. Not sure why but just don't feel it with them. I plan on going 1.25-2cu tops and using 4" aero port. After seeing what that 8 re did in the recent thread I am impressed. Why are they so cheap compared to others?

Keep coming guys. I do not want to rock duals at all and for some reason just can't get into rocking pioneer. Not sure why but just don't feel it with them. I plan on going 1.25-2cu tops and using 4" aero port. After seeing what that 8 re did in the recent thread I am impressed. Why are they so cheap compared to others?
i have a dd1508 on 1k in an 01 s-10 that did a 140.4 on a tl at the dash with the windows half open and low 139's sealed. could do high 138's on music with no signs of stress.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

So another happy dd owner. I have not read to many threads that peeps were not happy with dd.

Got a pm for audiopulse revo or epic. Anybody have any listening experience with them? I have not had anyone ever mention them but they look nice.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.