1 stitched, 1 not?

Volvowith18psi
10+ year member

Got some used SA-12's today, they look great! Cant wait to hear them, although will be a few weeks.

However, the seller told me one had to get repaired, and actually got just a brand new replacement. Im cool with that... Just curious, why is 1 stitched and 1 isnt?

014.jpg

013.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The stiched one is the newer recone I believe. Just adds a little bit of extra strength but I've never seen that as a weak point on any subs. I wouldn't worry about it.

[quote name='TheUnderFighter']Got what used today??? Pretty vague post, but I'll quit playing devil's advocate. Looks like you got yourself a pair of the SA-8s, but one is the old version one, and one is the brand new version 2. Two different subs I'd say. Hopefully @sundownz can weigh in on this.[/QUOTE]

Those are sa-12's bruh

My last post got blocked for some reason? Anyhow, may have a double post- Yea 12's. They were both bought in last October, got the original receipt. If they are different versions, will it really make any difference?

The one that was replaced has the stitches surround, which is relatively new. I believe the stitching is the only thing that was revised so they should perform exactly the same.

Bump for new question. Just noticed this today when I actually got to look at them in the daylight..... Is this something I really need to worry about or I can fix myself? I did PM Mr. Fuller about repair options if needed.

015.jpg

That'd be a very easy repair.

And it'd probably hold up just fine over time anyway tbh, unless you are making the woofer(s) unload by playing under tuning, or giving them too much power.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Volvowith18psi

10+ year member
Volvowith18psi
Butler, PA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from