1 or 2 Subs, that is the question.

MrMan
10+ year member

IL
Basically I'm on a tight budget and im looking to get a sub, amp etc.. blah blah blah. Is it worth my time to save up more money to get two subs and a better amp or just stick with 1 sub. I drive a 2000 honda accord sedan if it matters, sound wise. Thanks

You could always just get one sub for now and a amp to put on it and then save up a lil more money and then get another sub, get a ported box, and then put a bigger amp on the pair or just buy another amp that you already have so you can have an amp wired to each woofer......to answer your question I would get 2 subs, but you can take it one step at a time.

Buy a monoblock amp that'll power one sub @ 2 ohms or a pair of subs @ 1 ohm (500 watts @ 2/1,000 @ 1). Then buy a 4 ohm dvc sub.

That'll make for an easy upgrade, if you choose to upgrade at all.

Alright thanks, so I'm thinking a type r with a big custom box. just dont know what amp to get. My final setups would probably be two r's and an aq1200d

Definitely get an amp able to power 2 comfortably. Whether new, craiglist or here. If you never get a second sub it doesn't really matter. It is always better to have an amp that can match up to the sub with ease than to try and push one too small to it's limit. I run amps at about 50% to 75% gain. Some are over 20 years old bought used. My amps generally are much more powerful than the speaker's rms, that is what the gain is for.

A 1200 rms amp putting out about 900 rms (450 per sub) should keep you happy until the type r's are obsolete.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.