1 JL 10w6 or 2 Sundown SA 12s?

So wouldnt you think its worth twice the price? Or no. How long have they actually been atound anyway. I was just passing along what was passed onto me, havnt actually looked into it
Twice the price and requires a lot more power for not even double the performance? Survey says, no. FI has been around for a long time, in today's terms of car audio anyways.

from personal experience i absolutely hated how the FI Q 15 sounded and how much power it needed to get loud. It got stomped out in every way possible by a shok industries triton 15 in both output (several DBs) and sound quality. Not sure how the new Q neos sound but if they are modeled after the old ones sound signature wise, yuck.
i'm not a fan of sundown but i'd get an X series with traditional surround or SA series over the FI Q.

FI BTL neos are a totally different story though those are pretty sweet.
The neos have 10mm MORE of xmas. So 34mm one way.

The neos have 10mm MORE of xmas. So 34mm one way.
efficiency is better, the sound signature is nice and smooth as well. I dont see any reason why you would get a Q unless you are running a sealed box. Neos get loud and sound great on low power. Head to head they would destroy the SA 12s.

efficiency is better, the sound signature is nice and smooth as well. I dont see any reason why you would get a Q unless you are running a sealed box. Neos get loud and sound great on low power. Head to head they would destroy the SA 12s.
I havnt looked at the fi team series specs, but i would love to see a sundown team series in action

Yup, I remember when Pyle was a force to be reckoned with along with GS Redlines, Punch, Kicker, Autotek (yes Autotek was once one of the top amp makers), etc.
I wonder what happens to em. Maybe they sell out, make things cheaply made to sell for more. And people find out the quality is now less

I wonder what happens to em. Maybe they sell out, make things cheaply made to sell for more. And people find out the quality is now less
bought out by garbage companies that got super rich selling cheap overmarketed junk that blatantly lie to trick noobs and they cashed in on the company's reputation by pumping out cheap sh*t with that company name slapped on it.

I havnt looked at the fi team series specs, but i would love to see a sundown team series in action
single SD team 15 on an ns 1 easily did a 152db below the window line in the cargo area of an suv. However it didnt live for long.

A good bit sell out (Jeff said this better than I did, lol) , but I think most opt to cheap out (Kicker ever since Wal-Mart bailed them out). I don't think FI did either of those, they just have adjusted to the times poorly with their prices. FI doesn't make a bad product, they just have priced themselves out of the competition, imo, which is why people don't talk as much about them anymore.

I dont think fi has priced themselves out. I think their prices are fair. Especially on the Team Fi... i think people got tired of 3 month build times

No brainer here....I say the 2 12's. Unless you wanna wait 3 months for freshly built subs. Not that their bad subs but people don't wanna wait. Get rid of the JL...out with the old, in with the new.

I dont think fi has priced themselves out. I think their prices are fair. Especially on the Team Fi... i think people got tired of 3 month build times
No kidding! Who wants to wait months for a sub when they just spent 500 to thousands. They are made to order though, with love in every stitch //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif to me, thats well worth the wait, the money and so forth. One day they may start mass producing them and then maybe id like elsewhere. Idk if sundown makes theirs to order.

Anywho the OP might just be stuck on sundown so prob best to drip the fi thing. I just cant wait to get mine

No kidding! Who wants to wait months for a sub when they just spent 500 to thousands. They are made to order though, with love in every stitch //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif to me, thats well worth the wait, the money and so forth. One day they may start mass producing them and then maybe id like elsewhere. Idk if sundown makes theirs to order.
Anywho the OP might just be stuck on sundown so prob best to drip the fi thing. I just cant wait to get mine
Nope. They make a lot on tap. You want to buy, no waiting for Sundown.

While Sundown does not make theirs to order, you can't fairly compare the Q to the SA, that is more of a Q vs the X but that also depends on how low you want to go, the higher freqs I would go Q, the lower ones X all the way. The q seems to be a VERY well rounded sub, either choice, IMO, is better than the JL option. I would look at DD subs as well since you have no qualms throwing money at JL, might as well think about throwing money at the other big subwoofer maker and just like FI and SA, DD will not disappoint.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.