Corvette Convertible JL Stealthbox Driver Upgrade

Participant count
  • Participant list

icanski2

I'm wanting to replace the two 8" JL W3v3-4 subs that originally came in the JL Stealthbox for my convertible Vette (JL Part# SB-GM-C6CONV/8W3v3). The current amp is an Alpine PDX M6 that I run at 2 ohms. The JL enclosure is small. Very roughly calculated at .3-.35ish. I would love to use two Sundown SD2 D2's but the mptor/magnet size is too large. I have been into home and car audio since the 80's and I am well aware that the JL Stealbox is not the "best" option for bass in my vette but, in a convertible, there isn't a ton of room and I need my trunk for golf clubs and nitrous bottles!

The 2 W3's i'm replacing are 4.63" deep and the motor diameter is 4.75. There is a little bit of wiggle room but not much. I want dual 2 ohm voice coils in what ever i choose. My research has come down to about 3 -4 subs that would work.

1. Alpine SWR-8D2

2. Skar VD-8 D2 (I've read some peeps are not fans of the owner. I prefer to stay out of that on this post. I just want a sub that will work)

3. JL W3v3 (Not a fan of these. It never sounded right with three different higher end amps)

4. Tropo 8 D2 (It fits but a few of the specs scare me. Qes 7.4, Vas 5.96, Xmech and Sd are not listed)

Can anyone suggest a better option or the best option out of these? Price isn't a major concern. (within reason)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.