1.75 Cuft 12"

Participant count
  • Participant list

aquartlow

I am looking to purchase 4 12's for an eclosure that is already built with 1.75 CuFT per sub, with one common enclosure airspace. Looking for something new with good performance in a ported enclosure with a port size of 6.5"w x 8.5"h x 9.5"l. I have some new MTX T5512-04's that I purchased 5-6 years ago but don't know if the enclosure will suit the subs well enough. Looking for spl along with sq, nothing too crazy, but something that would impress a few folks. Thank you in advance. Todd

Thank you for the quick reply, Pro-rabbit. Yes, I was afraid the port was on the small side, problem is I'm limited for not only enclosure volume but baffle surface area as well. 57" wide front baffle doesn't leave a lot of extra room.

Pro-rabbit, thank you once again for your help. I am working with a '79 Ford Ranchero, so space is at a premium. Here's a pic of what I am working with, the pencil line at the top of the 12's is the top of the enclosure internally.

412-subwoofers-in-79-ranchero.jpg

The 12's are installed in the baffle that covers the opening that resides under the bed, originally used for the spare tire and luggage. I really don't want to cut out the bed sheetmetal. I can make the enclosure larger in volume but that would require cutting the back of the enclosure's sheet metal(under the bed's floor) and extend the sides and bottom toward the rear axle/suspension area. I would probably gain 5-6" in depth which would give me approx. 1.5 cuft, maybe abit more. I just don't want to do all of the welding/fabrication of 14 ga sheetmetal under the vehicle to gain the additional airspace. As you can see not much room for a much larger port, probably will have to go sealed, but really wanted a ported enclosure for the 12's. Thanks, Todd

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the response. What amount of port area are we speaking of? Is there a formula that is dependant on cone area or enclosure volume? Sorry to ask so many ?'s, just trying to learn. Todd

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

aquartlow

aquartlow
Summerfield, Fl
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
aquartlow