1.5 cubes @ 30-36 hz <-- design needed

Ace_Protege
10+ year member

I just got a pioneer TS-W3001D4 and it calls for 1.3 after sub displacement, so about 1.5 before displacement for ported boxes. I just want a good sounding box for rock music with lots of fast punchy beats. this will be in a car with a trunk. im open to all suggestions, port up, side, however. thanks. I dont have any cash but I might be able to help you out somehow. I used the RE calc but i honestly think it wont be that good.

For rock and fast punching beats like techno, a higher tuning is better. I heard from someone that a bass drum kick resonates at somewhere between 60-80 Hz. I've got my box tuned to 36 Hz and it plays pretty well on rock and very good on rap. A buddy of mine's system that I hooked up, I built a box tuned to 30 and it sounds like crap on rock. Not enough punch. So if you're looking for like techno music or just plain rock, I'd go for a tuning somewhere around 36-38. Even with that tuning, it will still be very musical on alot of pop and hip-hop. I just don't suggest playing full tilt on Jeezy //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

What kind of trunk dimensions do you have to work with?

this box is about 32" long ,14" deep, and 14" tall. its a pretty big trunk.

IMG_0044.jpg

sealed also would be better for sq and rock. ported would sound good if you like rap or somthing but for just rock u need to go sealed and you will get better response and more puch than any ported

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.