1 12W7AE Vs 2 Fosgate T1 12s

DylanWiggins

Jun 3, 2018
Lebanon, OR
I have the chance of getting a brand new 12W7AE in the correct spec. box powered by a 600/1 slash v3 or 2 Fosgate T1D212 12s in built box powered by a T1500-1BDCP mono block amp. I want it to punch hard but quality too. Need some advice please. Both boxes are ported because I just listen to rap music & itll be going in a 2000 civic trunk. And yes I will be getting dyna Matt for it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Boomin_tahoe

Hurtin' feelings errrday.
10+ year member
Jul 24, 2005
WA
I would think that JL should stomp all over those RF subs if it was in a good well designed ported enclosure and more than 600 rms to it....I'd say 1500. The AE series can handle a bit more power than reg W7 series.

LosIsATool

CarAudio.com Veteran
Apr 7, 2011
Pensacola, Florida
I would think that JL should stomp all over those RF subs if it was in a good well designed ported enclosure and more than 600 rms to it....I'd say 1500. The AE series can handle a bit more power than reg W7 series.
The AE is the exact same thing painted black. Identical.

Hertz Mafia

FEATHER RUFFLER
Jul 2, 2016
Michigan
The t1s are nice woofers just not the retail price. The Rockford’s will walk all over the JL

The_Grimy_One

CarAudio.com Veteran
Apr 27, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
More Cone Area + More Power... The T1s seem to fit your build intentions better.

A proper setup for the W7 with a slash 1000 would sound amazing, but still wont be as loud...

foreman

CarAudio.com Elite
10+ year member
Nov 6, 2003
NY
And those RF subs have hardly any XMAX compared to the JL. You do get more cone surface though...

winkychevelle

CarAudio.com Veteran
10+ year member
Jun 21, 2009
Ponchatoula, La
Out of those 2 the Rockford setup will be louder. Get a good custom ported design and they will should just as good and be much louder

ThxOne

AudioFreak
Jun 8, 2018
Saint Marys, GA
JL is cool and all but in the end I think I would go with the all RF set-up. More power and more cone area. It IS going to be louder than one 12. Think about it... if you go JL, you're getting half as many subs and roughly half the power. Why settle for one Blonde with B cups when you can have two Brunettes with B cups. ;)

• Thanks
Reactions: Slo_Ride

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Trending topics

Latest classifieds