1 12W7AE Vs 2 Fosgate T1 12s

DylanWiggins

I have the chance of getting a brand new 12W7AE in the correct spec. box powered by a 600/1 slash v3 or 2 Fosgate T1D212 12s in built box powered by a T1500-1BDCP mono block amp. I want it to punch hard but quality too. Need some advice please. Both boxes are ported because I just listen to rap music & itll be going in a 2000 civic trunk. And yes I will be getting dyna Matt for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would think that JL should stomp all over those RF subs if it was in a good well designed ported enclosure and more than 600 rms to it....I'd say 1500. The AE series can handle a bit more power than reg W7 series.

I would think that JL should stomp all over those RF subs if it was in a good well designed ported enclosure and more than 600 rms to it....I'd say 1500. The AE series can handle a bit more power than reg W7 series.
The AE is the exact same thing painted black. Identical.

The t1s are nice woofers just not the retail price. The Rockford’s will walk all over the JL

More Cone Area + More Power... The T1s seem to fit your build intentions better.

A proper setup for the W7 with a slash 1000 would sound amazing, but still wont be as loud...

And those RF subs have hardly any XMAX compared to the JL. You do get more cone surface though...

JL is cool and all but in the end I think I would go with the all RF set-up. More power and more cone area. It IS going to be louder than one 12. Think about it... if you go JL, you're getting half as many subs and roughly half the power. Why settle for one Blonde with B cups when you can have two Brunettes with B cups. ;)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

DylanWiggins

DylanWiggins
Lebanon, OR
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date