1/0 guage wiring kit question

91explorerV6
10+ year member

New York
Ok so im a newbie to this site but ive been doing car audio installs for 4 or 5 years now so I now a little bit about it but theres always room to learn more right?

anyways my questions....

Im will be running two 2400 watt blitz amps to wire these im getting a 1/0 guage wiring kit in the kit it has a 0 guage wire from the battery to a distrobution box and then it runs 4guage will I lose the power of 0 guage wiring when it goes into a 4 guage? if so could I get two kits and just run the 0 guage power wires into the amps?

any info would be much appreciated

hahaha, there's your first clue. "2400 watts" is plastered on it, and it only costs $200. SO, notice i put the 2400 watts in quotes. They will provide NO WHERE near that amount of power rms...i woul dbe VERY surprised if they even provided 1000 watts rms....VERY surprised. So, you will be plenty fine with 4 awg going to those since they will not give you anywhere near that amount of power. good luck, peace

NG

yeah i know they wont supply nearly as many watts as it says but its what I can afford for now until july when I dont have to pay my insane insurance payments till then its bottom of the barrel bargain basement stuff lol thanks

1. as ngs said, they prob wont even put out 800rms, so u would be fine.

2. if u keep the 4 awg from the distro very short, i believe u wont lose noticeable voltage (like 1-3 feet). ow u might, but not much. i mean u can run like 600-800rms w a 4 awg fine.

3. try to get another amp. blitz =oO

I don't think you will be able to fit 0 ga. wire on the reminal of those amps anyways. I have 0 ga. that goes to a fused 4 ga. distro block and it works fine. If that i what the kit gave you and it is made by a professional company than 9 out of 10 it will work fine.

good questioin lol I like cheap amps like some guys like cheap hookers lol you pay a lil bit of money pound em hard then throw em out lol j/k j/k after doin some askin around I guess there not good the local car audio guyus were suggesting them to me but i went with profile amps instead

kinda an old thread but since im here lol I have a profile Clarus CL1200 would 0 guage wire fit in that terminal is 0 guage overkill for that amp?

Hehe as we say here. The bigger the wire the better when it comes to power and ground. But no 0 guage wire itself without some cutting wouldnt fit in that terminal on that amp. But you could cut it down till it did fit though. Just a suggestion. Oh BTW...good choice on the Profile amps. Good amps, used to own one myself.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.