09 BL Port Noise

Participant count
  • Participant list

Terranova
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
CA
I have the 09 BL fully loaded, originally I had the 12" Q but I'm curious with the bl it seems to move more air and I get a lot of port noise. Is this normal? I didn't change the box from the Q it's the same 2.5cu ft. @32hz. Do I maybe need to remake my box? It's just annoying but bearable.

It's 2 inches, would making a wider port make it sound better or will it just keep from making the port noise?

You are getting port noise because the cross sectional area of the port is too small. So you need to make the port either taller or wider to make the area larger. The problem with giving the port more area is that you need to make it longer to keep the same tuning frequency.

So you will probably need to make a new enclosure with a larger port if you are having really bad port noise. If you make it to the same specs it will sound the same except without the port noise.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.