07 Mega Cab wiring help!!!!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

MegaCab19
10+ year member

Ok before I ask my question I just want to let everyone know that I did a stupid search and came up with nothing so don't start yelling at me if this has been asked before!

Now on to my question I have an 07 Dodge Mega Cab with the in-dash 6-disc/ sat radio and the 7 speaker Infinity premium sound. I am looking to keep all the stock components but looking to add some more BASS to the system. I have RF 325.1 amp pushing two 12" p2's. I heard this set-up in the guy's car that I bought the system from and it hit hard. I have a LOC and I am just looking to find out what wires I need to tap into to make the amp connection. If anyone can help me please send me some advice.

Sorry for the long post but I just trying to get out all the information.

Thanks in advance,

Steve

Thank for all the help people!?!?!?!?!?!?! Come on am I the only one that has an 07 Dodge with the Inifinity set-up that wants to add an amp and subs????

Steve

You say you have a Line Out Converter (LOC?) I'm guessing it has a hi-level input where you can splice into a speaker signal and use that to feed audio to the LOC and then from there run RCA's to the sub amp. Or if the sub amp has a hi-level input you could just go straight off one of the rear speakers to the amp and skip the LOC and the RCA cables. Its not the highest quaility way to send audio to the amp but it should work.

Hope this helps, I doubt too many have much experience with Mega-cabs but I do know a few on here with Rams and the infinity systems but I think they were swapping out the entire setup.

Might be able to find some more information on dodge related forums where someone else has more experience with that setup.

I thought about replacing the whole set-up but I don't have the money to do that. I had an old set-up that I had in my older car but I like the fact that I have factory disc changer and built in sat radio. I personally think that the Infinity set-up sounds great. I am not into all the competitions or anything I just wanted to have a little bit more bass in my truck for my music. Thanks for the help.

Steve

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.