06 crew cab gmc 3 e8v4 double check my thoughts, suggestions.

Participant count
  • Participant list

junkman
10+ year member

Have an 06 crew cab gmc. Got 3 e8v4's on the way, will be running off a ppi bk1800.1. Listen to mostly rap/alt rock. I have measured what I have to work with, these measurements are right up to the back seat, then I am going to move the seat forward 1 1/2" by redrilling the brackets to make room for the subs. I am coming up with 2.5 net before woofer and port displacement. My intention is to have the subs together on the drivers side, ported on passenger side. Port end is about 4" from edge of cab. Using online port calculators I am coming up with a 5" port 14.5" long, I was going to add some to it to make up for the displacement. Other option would be a slot port, vertically, facing the same end, at rear of box, maybe 2.5x11" 15.5" long. Both these for about 35hz, Maybe I should go a little lower. Here is a unscale crude drawing I made up to give an idea. Open to suggestions, Thanks for looking.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.