05 XXX 15 Box Size, Aero Ports

Participant count
  • Participant list

jonny101abc
10+ year member

SOCAL Stang-Man
hey there everyone.

i have 2 05 XXX 15's sealed in the trunk of my stang, but i want to go ported. but i only have enough room to do 1 ported at 4 cubes.

my question is, what size box do they like when using aero ports.

i can get only 7 cubes net in the trunk.

can i do the 2 ported using aeros, with the room that i have?

or should i just keep them sealed?

is a 3.5cube box with 1 6" aero port good or is it too small. i know they like 4 cubes.

thanks

John

Using aero ports does not alter the recommended enclosure size. The only thing they affect, when compared to slot ports, is they require less port area.

You *might* be okay with 3.5 cubes per 15 ported if you run external ports and invert the subs. Otherwise, IMO you will just be getting too small to run both effectively.

Nice subs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.